125cc lifan bse pitbike clutch issues

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reeceh

Reaction score
hey guys recently did my clutch casing gasket. Put it all back together filled with oil, had no compression so i read sopmewhere u have to fiddle with the clutch. So i had a fiddle with the little lever on the outside of the casing (had no idea wat i was doing just loosening a screw at the bottom of the bracket). Got the pitty compression and let it run for a little while, however it was rattling. Now i have no idea what the rattle was i thought it was normal as my litle brother gave me the bike cause he didnt wana be effed to fix the gasket. Took it for a ride then stopped it. Then went to go kick it over again and theres no compression and any fiddling i do doesnt help.

remove your clutch cable.
on the clutch cover there is a little cover(usually round), remove tht too
now in there is the clutch mechanism.
there should be a 10mm spanner nut and a screw.
adjust tht so there is a little bit of free play (might pay to spray some spray grease in there too).
and then make sure the nut is tight and refit the outer cover..

now try the kick starter.. has all the comp come back?
now check your clutch cable to make sure it moves freely in the outer cable.
if it does then put the cable back on and adjust the cable so there is about 3mm play at the clutch lever on the handle bars and also about 3mm play on the clutch cover.

if all tht checks out and its still the same then youlll have to post some pics so we can get a better picture...

oh the only other thing i van think of is the little adjuster screw behind the little cover can sometimes pop out of its location, but usually tht makes it have no clutch but still has compression..
but check it, weirder things have happened

ok decided tp pull the case out and i could wobble the whole clutch and to what i saw there was like a locking nut that locks the clutch assembly onto a gear shaft was just floating around inside the clutch. so now my question is i pulled the little cover off the clutch and placed the locknut back onto the gear now do i do this up firm then back it off then close those little tabs over into the nut. (like car axles)

or do i just do it up tight with some loctite then fold tabs into it??

ok let me give my camera a ten minute charge lol please dont run hah i want this sorted for tomorow so i can let the gasket goo go off over night lol

ok heres the pic. I put the locking bolt back in properly and tightend up and closed tabs but just wana make sure that is right.

yep tighten that up all the way and bend the tabs over..

1 question tho, your spose to be replacing a gasket. why is it that you took the clutch off?
or was it loose when you pulled it apart?

well i originally replaced the gasket then it ****ed out then i stripped it off again and noticed the clutch was as wobbly as hell

all sweet got my compression back i learnt myself how to adjust the clutch, hopefully lets see tomorow if my gasket goo (motoseal grey) works and my clutch adjustment aswell.

ok so actually got to make noise this morning and as ive gone to kick it over there was to much compression. Like it wanted to backfire as i kicked it.So i pulled off the little circle clutch cover and wound out the lever a little bit and it worked.

However ive gone to 1st and let the clutch out but nothing!!!!!

WTF!

Turned it off and again no compression it has got me stumped.

okay so may i ask what the valve clearances are for a 125cc lifan bse bike

ok depending on which engine you actually have it may have an auto decompression gizmo on the cam.
these dont work 100% all the time but when it does it will feel like some comp is gone for easier starting..

valve settings are .003tho on inlet and .004 tho on exhaust..

best thing to do is start it and ride it and see if it feels normal on power and to see if the clutch is slipping because if its the clutch at fault it will slip like crazy

okay adjusted valves and then it kicked over again however still when i try to change it into gear like 1st u pull the clutch in go 1st and u can feel a grab but let it out and theres nothing no driving forward.

is this my clutch???

then when i turned it off it lost compression again

ok so i pulled the casing off again and the clutch locking bolt was loose again even though i did it right up tight???

so i redid it tightened it up relaced clutch casing etc etc.

now had my compression again but my clutch whenever i changed to first the bike took off, no matter what adjustment i did it kept doing it.

WTF is wrong its as if something might be missing.

IVE HAD ENOUGH so unless someone wants to come to tarragindi for a carton of rum and fix it im ready to take it to a mechanic

hey did you sort this out ive got my brothers bike here because it has happened twice now it has come loose again and i have no idea what is going on

just a really really late bump the bike is still sitting in the corner of the shed does anyone in brisbane southside near tarragindi want to fix it for me for cash or alcohol or even take a look at it for cash or alco

Latest posts

Back