125cc lifan problem

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M2R

Reaction score
hey i have an 125cc lifan mso and when i ride and i go to turn the trottle real fast it dosent go it just like konks out i can only rec slow revs but if i ride with the choke on its not as bad plzz help :confused::confused:

also i have an 125cc orion and it seems so much faster then the mso is there like a rescriction on the mso how can i make it fasster

try swapping carbies between bikes... if your mso is now faster than the orion, then you have a jeting problem, which sounds like the case anyway... Mikuni fed minis that cough and die when you crack the throttle are very common... Does the MSO have a quick turn throttle? These are often the culprit, as they open the carby quicker than the bike can digest the fuel... and basically just take some throttle control to overcome..
Gearing will also come into effect... Your MSO may have taller gearing than the orion, and have a higher top speed, but will accelerate slower... Or vice versa...
You said the MSO feels slower, but in what respect?? Acceleration or top speed?? And yes, there is a difference...
Try the carby swap, and see how it effects the MSO...

ok thanks i might just buy an new carby cos i have had problem eber since and yes i mean faster buy the acceleration also its just normal throttle

got a mates new atomik that has similar issues, did the valves and that made a big difference but problem was still there (its new and they needed doing anyway) but also he's running a 110 main so that is now definatly the culprit... unfortunately no number on the pilot so i gotta do the main first and see if that fixes it definitively

simply cant compete thump140's advice he's a guru :D once he replies we may as well close down the thread and consider the problem fixed lol

keep up the quality work mate :cool:

my 2 cents :D

hey i changed the carby and it works fine and is fast now like the orion but i can only start with the chock on,like if i take the chock off i have to keep the revs up or it will cut out

i think my idel screw is fuck or some ting

sure you arent using the choke the wrong way round? wouldnt be the first time, and one style of choke seems to catch everyone out...
either that, or the jetting on your new carby is wrong as well.

nar im using the choke the right way and it cant be the jetting i just took it of my other bike that runs good

different engines like different jets, play with the mixture that should sort it out

yer i no it only starts with the chock on then i turn if off but i have to keep the revs up or it will konk out help plzz any one no what to do

have you done your valve clearances lately? have you set the mixture screw?
if not then do that, valves first THEN carby play, the guides in my sig will help

also make sure your exhaust gasket is ok and that the exhaust manifold is sealed well

it just that when i start the bike without the chock i cant get it to start but if i have the chock on it starts then while its on i turn it off just a but and its not too bad but if i turn it all the way off it will jus konk out. but if i turn the chock of and keep reving its all good runs mad and goes hard to it seemd it wont ideal or something if i want high revs i turn the screww out yer

no if you want to raise the idle, turn the screw IN... this will raise the slide, opening it up a little, thus allowing more air in, in turn more fuel, and the end result is the idle speed will be higher...

oh fuck thats y then i have the screw out thats y it would be doing that yer and wich way for the air screw

Baaaahahahahahaha !!!!!!! :p ... Man ... what a classic !!!!!!! With most plunger choke carbs the choke is ON when the plunger is pulled upwards OR outwards ...

This type of carb works excellent on Lifan 125's for the average Joe Blo ... (XR200 Honda PD-26 copy) ...

BRAND NEW CARBURETOR 26MM DIRT BIKE THUMPSTER - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 23-Sep-09 18:30:37 AEST)

Any carb with the mixture screw underneath at the rear has a FUEL screw ... turning it out makes the mixture richer and turning it in leans it out ...

MOLKTS , OKO's , Genuine VM Mikunis , Genuine Keihin PWK and PE carbs plus early model XR Honda carbs all have an AIR screw which works in the opposite way ...

Latest posts

Back