125cc motor into a cr80 frame?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baldwin1993

Reaction score
hey.
so i got a tdr125 and the frame and forks and everythingfell apart. i got an old cr80 frame (1984 i think). in going to put the 125 motor into it, has anyone done anything like this before and would you have any photos icould have a look at??

If you only have just a CR80 frame I would not bother, Even if you have a CR80 roller it would hardly be worth the trouble modifying the frame, exhaust etc etc to make it fit, + a 1984 frame will not have super dooper suspension anyway compared to what is available on some pitbikes

You can buy an Atomik or DHZ frame cheap & build that up>

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

Heavy Duty Chromolly Twin Tube Cradle Frame CRF50

It would look something like this>

http://www.miniriders.com/china-builds/35841-thumpinozs-build.html

GPXSHOCKFITTED.jpg

yea i got a dpro 140 and a few other bikes just thought it might be a fun little project cause i got the whole cr, except to motor and a got the whole tdr except its basically stuffed besides the engine

went along with it out of boredom and time off work. coming along very well actually!

Attachments

• 16072012.jpg
    16072012.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 39
love the idea. but now that you have cut the frame, it is basically a paperclip with wheels. you will want to try and strengthen every spar on the frame.

Looks good baldwin! I agree with westy though, I'd try and strengthen the front of the frame where you've cut it if possible. Does the sprocket on the engine line up with the sprocket on the rear tyre of the 80?

yea will definately be strengthening the frame! will have the make it go around the head tho, because the head is only about a centimeter off hitting to front wheel as it is when the shocks are compressed. will make gettin the engine out hard if i ever have to. and yes the sprocket lines up,was the first thing i checked. it is sitting a little too high for my likings but i think it will be ok.

did you end up finishing?
i got a cr85 for 50 bucks but is it worth hacking thrugh the frame?
or should i just rebuld it?

How about some more details e.g. what year, what's actually wrong with it, etc

You butchered it Ethan ;)

You could have sold the roller for a decent price and gotten some decent pitbike parts

Im with Cozza. Its not a great idea cutting up a perfectly good bike to try make a fake pitbike.

it really depends on how much time you are willing to spend on it. and how much money you have to spend

Latest posts

Back