138cc lifan oil cooled

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waddle090

Reaction score
Hi, im a newbie to this forum, pit bikes and the motors, but I bought a 138cc Lifan oil cooled to replace a 125cc, i did not buy an oil cooler, i didnt realise that it wasnt air cooled. I have read that I can just jump the cylinder oil connect to the one on the clutch case rather than run an oil cooler. Is this true? what kind of line and connection can buy to make a jumper? there is a connection comming from my stator that is not used, 4 wires in a connector i believe, is this for the oil cooler? I dont race, just some messing around in the woods
Single cylinder, 4-stroke, 2 valves, OHC racing head, oil cooled, 138cc
Bore x Stroke: 54.2mm x 57mm

suggestions on how to jump the two outlets?
suggestions on going with an oil cooler?

any help would be great

Just in case theres about 4 oil coolers in classifieds sections mate there cheap and effective!

the wires have nothing to do with the cooler. what you need is some cooler lines and an oil cooler . running the 140 lifans with out can rob them of a little per4formance so the cooler is better to have than not. as you said you self they are not air cooled.
if ya need more helb gimme a call 03 83631611

Where did you get those phony bore x stroke figures from ? ... "138" Lifans have a 54 mm bore x 55.5 mm stroke = 127.1 cc ... The "Super" "125's" are only 120 cc ...

thanks
from the phony people selling it I suppose, so anyone know what these xtra wires are for, no documentation with this peice,
I have it set up the same configuration, but this motor has 2 bundles of wires comming from the magneto case side, the one I have no idea what its for is shown on the left, green 6 pin connector, 5 wires. the yellow and white were not terminated on the other motor as well. I cant say it doesnt work cause i havent kickd it yet, gonna order an oil cooler first, but was tryin to find out what that other connection is for

May20025.jpg

also i got another question lol, the spark plug thing thats big, no idea what its called, but comes from the cdi to it, a black wire, and green wire with a washer end, i assume that goes to the frame, the part is different than the one i had on the other bike, looks like a cylinder with two mounts sticking off the top and bottom, i was gonna stick the green wire and one bolt to hold it on the old mount, fits that way, sound right? green to me is ground, but i come from the AC world =]

yeah, some coils have two wires, one grren, thats earth, and the black one to the cdi, and one mounting hole, and others have one wire from the cdi and a green wire that goes to the mount...which should look like a bar made of strips of steel with a hole either end.

the extra plug...theres one pale green wire in it that is a neutral indicator, and that you wont need:). the whole bundle, if you take off the sprocket cover, comes from above the sprocket...all i can think they are for is gear indicators? ive only ever seen one bike with that though...so, you dont need them at all... they just put em there to conuse people:p

as headsmess said the green plug you will find comes from just above your front sprocket, just tie the plug up out of the way you dont need it.

cool i rigged it up, got spark, just waiting on the oil cooler, its my impression that this motor is already set up for just adding an oil rad without anyother modification, heres a pic in which i circled where i think the oil cooler installs, is there a specific orientation or does it not matter which hose i hook to which port?

lifan138-1.jpg

nah mate the oil cooler hooks up to the head of the motor, i'll see if i got a pic for ya

they go to the two bolts on the side of the head at the top hmm except the bolts dont look they in the right spot, lol

Last edited:
nah Kingers that's how the YX does it, lifan does it a much better way straight from the crankcase

yep, thats a start in gear engine, so the oil is fed from down where its circled:)

doesnt make a difference which hose goes where either. as long as it goes from one port to the other...

you could have used a jumper as well(like you asked, and yes, theyre available), but hey, the radiator will keep the oil a bit cooler, so...

at least you didnt run it without attaching something there...really good way to stuff your top end, so ive heard...:) no oil=dead engine:(

thanks, yah im glad i did some researching before i started, even though it seems hard to find any manufacturing info on lifan motors, should atleast put plastic caps in the output/input instead of chrome bolts that match all the other bolts on the outside of the cases. I would have ran it had i not came to forums to find out what the xtra wire bundle coming from my motor was.

Latest posts

Back