140cc Lifan PROBLEMS... (alot)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sik_sniper

Reaction score
Hey guys, i just put the lifan on my agb 29 and having a couple of problems.

The first is the chain....It doesnt fit. I think i need to get a 428 pitch. Anybody that has done this b4 or has any idea, can please confirm that.

Also the oil cooler...do yo need another adapter plate even for the 140 to run a oil cooler??

Thanks

hey you can just put the old front cog of your old engine if it fits and if the oil cooler come with the motor it should come with an adapter plate or 2 bolts on the end of the oil lines that bolt to the kick start side of the head i hope this helps

The chain issue... the cogs are exactly the same size. I think that the ducars cog sits closer to the wheel.

The oil cooler issue..i think it does..but the screws are massive. Am i meant to take the adapter plate out then put the ducting tubes in then put the adapter plate on top of them?

Also the oil cooler...do yo need another adapter plate even for the 140 to run a oil cooler?? Thanks

First off .... you don't have a Lifan 140 problem ........ you have an AGB29 problem ..... :p

The lines from your oil cooler MUST be bolted to the ports on the cases on the right hand side the engine ......... not to the head . If you don't do it right you'll stuff the top end up by cutting it off from the oil supply ...... the 2 case ports need to at least be connected together by a jumper lead if you don't run the cooler .......

You should always replace the chain with a new hi quality one anyway if it's too short ... you don't want to have a crap / stretched chain come off and trash your new ignition or flywheel cover ...... Ducar and Loncin engines have the sprocket in a different position on the shaft compared to Lifan engines ........ you should get the sprocket aligned into the same position as it previously was before riding the bike ........

Last edited:
First off .... you don't have a Lifan 140 problem ........ you have an AGB29 problem ..... :p

The lines from your oil cooler MUST be bolted to the ports on the cases on the right hand side the engine ......... not to the head . If you don't do it right you'll stuff the top end up by cutting it off from the oil supply ...... the 2 case ports need to at least be connected together by a jumper lead if you don't run the cooler .......

What ports on the case? Can u take a pic of your one and post it if its no trouble..
Thanks

Here's a pic from Elstars site ..... just look at the chromed bolts on the front of the cases above the "E" in the Elstar name ...... if your engine hasn't got the bolts there ... then it's NOT a Lifan 140 ........ You unscrew the bolts and bolt the oil cooler lines onto there ...... one faces forward and the other faces downwards :) IF you've started and ran the motor like that without fitting the cooler lines and cooler then you've already damaged the top end .......

140Lifanengine-1.jpg

Last edited:
oh....ffffff....well i didnt run it just started it...? Its probably been on for 40 mins all up on idle... Started maybe 5-6 times...

Look inside the valve adjustment caps to see if you can see the cam lobes and rocker pads ..... if they're blued ...... they're stuffed and have gone soft so they'll wear really quickly ... it usually only takes a few minutes for it to happen .... it's a good excuse to fit a better cam .... hopefully the valve guides and stems will be OK .......

Thanks for that, looks like I'll be putting a new cam in my 140cc. The engine is in a postie and has done about 100km's like it half of it at 90 to 100kmph!!!!!
What I can say is If it can run that long with no oil it should run forever with oil!!!

The engine was running before I pulled it down just a bit rattly in the head, no noiser than the old honda engine.

what the

how does running oil cooler lines off the head block off oil supply too the top end of the motor sorry dude that donen't make any sence all you are doing is redirecting oil through an oil cooler not blocking anything off . i have a few mates with the 140cc lifan (mainly pit pros) they all have their oil lines running off the head and have never had any dramas as a matter of fact every 140cc lifan has run the oil lines off the head i have seen none run oil lines where you had pointed out i thought thoes bolts were just for holding on the outter caseing i just didn't think you would get oil supply through there (not saying that you don't) but if you know something i don't please explain

how does running oil cooler lines off the head block off oil supply too the top end of the motor sorry dude that donen't make any sence all you are doing is redirecting oil through an oil cooler not blocking anything off . i have a few mates with the 140cc lifan (mainly pit pros) they all have their oil lines running off the head and have never had any dramas as a matter of fact every 140cc lifan has run the oil lines off the head i have seen none run oil lines where you had pointed out i thought thoes bolts were just for holding on the outter caseing i just didn't think you would get oil supply through there (not saying that you don't) but if you know something i don't please explain

OK Pauline ... Then you've NEVER seen a genuine Lifan 140 ... :D I have 3 brand new GENUINE Lifan 140's still sitting in the boxes complete with signed Lifan factory inspection certificates (if they don't come with a Lifan Quality control inspection certificate then they're phonies) and ALL have case take off cooler lines and coolers stock in the box ... One model of Pit Pro's used to have fako/BS con job Lifan 140's in 'em (the one's with a 56 mm bore x 57 mm stroke = most likely dressed up jialings ... 1p56fmj's ~ true Lifans are 1p55fmj) ... I explained that in quite a few threads ...

Who said running an oil cooler plate off the head blocks off the oil supply ? I didn't ... you've just reached that conclusion yourself ... :p GENUINE Lifan 140's come stock with the oil supply gallery ALREADY blocked off from the factory ... at the cases ... When fitted to a bike they need to run two cooler lines from the cases up to an oil cooler since they are designed to run with a cooler ... Case take off coolers are far superior to head take off coolers ...

The faker/phony "Lifan's" have a jumper bar on the cam end plate on the head ... the reason why the sellers palm those off as "Lifans" is because Lifans are the top selling Honda type engines and bikes that claim to have Lifans in 'em ALSO sell much better ... If you don't run a jumper between the two chromed bolts on the RHS crank case on a GENUINE Lifan 140 ... NO oil reaches the top end ... Thousands of people know that to be fact ... especially those who have found out the hard way ... :p

Here's just ONE of many threads that explains why the chromed bolts on the cases must be joined up together by an oil cooler line ... preferrably AFTER the oil has been run thru a cooler ... (mainly from page 12 upwards) ...

http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/mini-chat/2551-oil-coolers-check-here-first-12.html

Latest posts

Back