150cc 5 speed?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GenuineThumpy

Reaction score
hey guys, just wondering if anyone has any info on those 150 5 speed motors? looked all over the net for them and cant find a word about them, i think they stopped making them, but my local pitshop owner says he has one brand new in the shop that i can have for a couple of hundred, but just trying to do a bit of research on them, but its a bit hard when i cant anything at all on them, anyone had one or seen them in action?

Up right or horsiontal? horizontal you would need to run a takey 5speed box but anything over 125cc is asking for trouble imo + there 800 a box

sorry for ditching this thread and leaving it for so long,
the one i was talking about is the horizontal one, looks the same as any normal 125 motor, no oil cooler, nothing special on the engine, but with a 150 bore and a 5 speed box, its too late now cause the bloke sold it on me, could have grabbed it for $200,, bad engine or not it was brand spankin new and would have been a cool experience to test it out anyway, not sure if it would have ran just as hard as any other engine but then smoked it top end cause of the extra gear.
or the gears were shortened up to match the speed or a 4 speed.
i know they came out a while ago and didnt last long, is why i wanted to get it cause its the only 1 i had seen before and probly the only one i would ever see, ahh welll, too late now.
would like to hear other peoples experience on them anyway if people have riden them before

Latest posts

Back