150cc Dirtmax YX Clutch issue

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodytod

Reaction score
Hi there mini riders..

well i have duested off my built pitti after about 11 months of sitting in the shed... so i went to start it... kicked over after the second kick but accelerator cable was playing up.. i went down to grunt mx in capalaba and got a replacement and it now is perfect .... except...

when i pull the clutch in and kick it into first the bike jumps forward and stalls. i adjuest the clutch cable and this issue still happens. i have been told that when the bike sits for a while sometime oil gets stuch between the clutch plates and makes them all stick together.
i have tried the following:
1. let the bike idle for about 5 minutes to get the oil hot and see if this brings the plates apart..... this didnt work.
2. pulled the engine cover off played with the clutch plates (with out pulling it apart too much) put it back together. (didnt start it) but kicked it into first, engaged the clutch and still didnt roll..

any suggestions of what else i can try before having to take it down to the shop to get fixed?

thanks in advance.

Goody

Take it for a good hard run... Push the bike in neutral with the engine running, jump on and boot it into gear. You can use the clutch then, hopefully that will free it up.

Also, you'll find that most clutches operate poorly when the engine isn't running ;)

yeah pretty normal with engines that have been sitting for a while...

let the engine warm up then while holding the revs up a bit then bounce it into gear. after a few attempts it will start to work again.

or pull the clutch right apart and un stick the clutch pates.

we get this issue with new bikes from time to time..

also as above. most of the time a clutch wont work while the engine isnt running, specially a clutch that does this..
start it and try it..

thanks guys have had the thing running and tried it... but i will try it whilst rolling in nuetral and pop it into gear...

also is it easy to pull the clutch plates completely out? i was also told to pull them out and give them a light sand with some sand paper.. should stop them from sticking too much they reckon...

thoughts?

you can sand the steel plates but not the fiber plates..

but this issue isnt fixed by sanding, the plates are simply stuck together..

sanding is usually done to stop clutches slipping..lol your is the opposite.

but yeah there easy to pull apart if you have the tools

great news guys...

your advices saved me 100 bucks....

i left it idling in nuetrel went to a small hill rolled down and flicked it into 1st and away she went... back to being an animal again... love it... taking it out this weekend for a blat

Latest posts

Back