150cc problems and 125 Pitbike ID

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky

Reaction score
Hey
I have recently purchased a couple pit bikes
One is a TTY 150 running a bit rough unless flat out any ideas
What may need fixing ?? Also a 125 the plate with VIN and stuff says
Model: WYAY .. This one needs a bit of love so chasing plastics and a seat and possibly handle bars
Can any one point me in the right direction
Thanks

hi, Welcome to Miniriders,

the 150 could need the valve clearances done, that will give the engine a good base to start tuning it.
have you pulled down the carby yet, removed the jets etc and given it a decent clean out ?

here is a good video to help so you how to set the clearances
except i would adjust them to .003" (.8mm) on the inlet, and .004" (.1mm) on the exhaust

[video=youtube;QJciyJRJh8Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJciyJRJh8Q[/video]

the 125 pitbike, you will need to upload some pictures so we can help work out what it is

this thread helps explain how to upload pics
http://www.miniriders.com/general-c...ers-old-new-few-helpful-tips-hints-ideas.html

and make sure you drop in and say hello in out Introduce Yourself thread too while you are here.

cheers, craig

Thanks a lot Craig will be going over everything on the weekend I am not mechanically minded but
I am hoping to become so!
One more thing the TTY has a pretty powerful kick back when trying to start any tips on how to fix this ??

Retard the timing is the easiest. cut the pick up on the flywheel in half.

Hey would i be able to find this somewhere on YouTube
Pretty much a newbie

is the engine a Lifan 150 1P56FMJ ?
there will be a model number stamped into the case below the sprocket cover.

if so, and it has the Adjustable Timing Outer Rotor Kit, then you can retard the timing a bit.
if you take the 3x 8mm headed bolts out that hold the L/H ignition cover to the engine case, you will see the flywheel
does it look like this one ?

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Craig will be going over everything on the weekend I am not mechanically minded but
I am hoping to become so!
One more thing the TTY has a pretty powerful kick back when trying to start any tips on how to fix this ??
are you kicking it over just past tdc? that will help reduce kickback to :)

Latest posts

Back