150xr needs new engine-your ideas

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarg99

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Ive got a 2009 pitpro 150xr with a F@ukt engine- as Thump*140 put it.

Any ideas on which engine i should get.

Should i just buy the lifan 150 again for $550ish.

or is there a 160etc that would fit staight in. My bike is the klx style.

Im not sure the yx engine fit straight into my bike.

Im not keen to buy an engine that needs to be modified etc to fit it. I just want to un-do the old bolts, swap the engine and do up the bolts again. Im ready to spend the $550 on a new one but if there is something better for that litle bit extra i would be keen.

cheers

hi mate,

DHZ sell the z155 for $669 its a weapon of an engine and should bolt straight in i think. i had one in my bike it went like the clackers then it got stolen. :frustrated:

sup sarge , best bet is to call ken direct , tell him you a mr member and he will look arfter you , all the china based motors will bolt right up to you frame

just got to watch the top ends , there crf style ports and klx style ports .. will require different header pipes . i have heard you can man handle the stock header to work , while using 2 exhaust gaskets.

yep, exhaust will be the only set back if you go the z155/z160 ho option..

ken should have a header pipe on the shelf so no biggie.. but if you have a mig welder than the mod is a piss of cake, or even an oxy can do the trick..

oh and they run a different inlet manifold but 99.9% of the time a new engine will come with one..

so if ya keen for a small mod the upgrade to a z160 ho is worth it..

oh one other thing.. they run a different size shaft on the front sprocket so just make sure you get your pitch (420/428) front sprocket to suit. (the z160 comes with a 420)

Thanks guys.

After a lot of reading and asking questions im still undecided.

Spoke to Ken from DHZ about the engines, z160 ( $670)and he said it would bolt on easy just have to get a dfferent exqaust inlet. but then he suggested the daytona T rex 150( $1080). He said it should bolt striaght on. using the same eqaust. But after reading a few other threads and other advertising of the t rex it more talks about bolting on to a crf frame. i have the klx frame.

Also spoke to Brian from east 50 and he said the z160 mounts up the same without and change of mounts or eqaust.

Also wouldcould i still use the old clutch cable, carbys, kick starter, gear peg off the lifan 150 etc

or would a new engine come with all that?

cheers

if you ran a lifan 150 and are going to change to a z160/z155/z175/yx150/yx160 then you definitely need an exhaust. the original one can be modified in 20minutes with a grinder and a mig welder..

the daytona will bolt straight in with same exhaust..

the only klx style engine that will bolt straight in with your lifan 150 exhaust is a yx 150/160 with a dirtmax head..

crf and chinese klx frames are the same engine bolt pattern..

dude fck the z160 (thats actually 155) if your gonna slapp down $600 for a $265 engine get the daytona 150. bolt right in, reliable as hell has tons of very cheap engine upgrades if you want to drag race it. dont get caught up in the "glee club" pitster bs hype, those engines are junk.

dude fck the z160 (thats actually 155) if your gonna slapp down $600 for a $265 engine get the daytona 150. bolt right in, reliable as hell has tons of very cheap engine upgrades if you want to drag race it. dont get caught up in the "glee club" pitster bs hype, those engines are junk.

man your sht is getting old...

and try quoting an everyday price hey... not everyone can get deals like that..
besides that, where the hell are you getting them at that price.. there 260 in china..

lets battle sean. you bs opinions with nothing to back up make me laugh. have you ever tested anything besides your tooth brush. your shit is old, re read though all the old shit on PM. we tested yx150 for the "glee" club back in 2007, blew up some z155 engines for the "glee" club that were supposed to be "the shit". oh let me guess you were one of the guys that actually believed the z155 had a close ratio tranny lmao hahahaa. yea our team raced at vegas the last few years and made the pro mains. instead of talkn shit prove something. i call it how i see it, we blew up dozens of yx150/160 cranks,cases,kicker gears and so on and plenty of trannys in the z155 "glee" engines. you only get what ya pay for. bottom line. this kid wanted an honest opinion and he just got it.

hahahahah yr piss funny bro...
your infact the one with the bs opinions, iv caught you out already with your bullsht but you just ignore it and type some more...

and the get what you pay for is the most intelligent thing thats come from your keyboard..everything else is crap..
and have you ever thought that its the wanker turning the spanners killing all these engines your talking about, cause it dont happen over here unless its a rider/mechanic fault or an engine modified well over its ability.
yeah sure there's some dud's coming from china but its not rocket science to fix them up..

anyone that has seen you come from nothing will notice you piss in peoples pockets..
it was only 4 yrs ago that you new diddly squat about mini bikes (or bikes in general)
stupid questions like "what jets for a tb carby" or "mx tire pressure??"..come on mate we weren't born yesterday.

and when you claimed you were with pitster you bagged everyone else just like now...

you always dodge questions just like the one i asked in the previous post.. oh and that kick start info and comp ratio info from the other thread..baahahha im still laughing bro..

see fact has it mate that i have been rebuilding motocross, rally car, street/drag car, circuit car etc etc engines for a little over 16yrs, and the fact that im an engine re-conditioner allows me to see straight thru your crap..

all engines have problems even daytona and jap engines.. and who wants to pay for an engine that is worth more than their bike specially if it just a weekend warrior.

and not once have you posted and considered if this person or any other person with the same question is going to put there bike thru as much punishment as what a pro rider at a track would..

so preach somewhere else mate..

if you have so called "been" building engines for 16y and claim the z155 is a good engine your blind. the tranny needs about a 1/8" shim and the noodle gears are like butter. why dont you explain to everyone why you think they are so great? because they are $300? please your as bad as the "glee" club in utah. lol 4y ago i was road racing, never rode a mini in the dirt till 2007. whats that gotta do with you talkn shit and have nothing to back it up. hands down the daytona is light years better than the z and yx crap bottom line. we have allready proved it with tons of wins in the pro class in our neck of the woods.

yr like a broken record mate...

yeah you can pay 300usd because your in piranha's(or who ever it is) back pocket..
everyone else pays retail, which is 600aud or so...

99% of the 155's over here are fine and problem free, and just like any other engine once you start adding HP problems start to arise..
im thinking even more now that it is the wankers turning the spanners over there as to all the problems with the 155's..

daytona may be light years ahead but different engines for different applications.

ill say it again.. no one is going to put an engine in their bike that is worth more than the bike itself.
specially when you can get them going stronger for 1/4 of the price.. money talks bullsht walks.

end of story... your making yourself look worse

wells its your decision mate..

99% of the members on here with z155/z160 engines have no drama's, these being used for racing and weekend warriors..
the other 1% are usually people that are very competitive and have way too much money to burn on these things..daytona's are very expensive and so are most of the worthwhile upgrades.
like who wants to pay $4500 for a DOHC daytona 150 to put in a bike that cost them $1200 or so..

anyways theres really only 2 options..
z155/z160 or daytona.. the rest is rubbish and old technology.

and at the end of the day engines dont look after themselves so if your not going to look after them the way they need to be then your just throwing money down the drain.

the more of hackmunch's posts i read the more i dislike him when ever he posts he seems to piss somebody off haha what an arse pirate

im with sean all any engine needs is abit of TLC n not to much abuse and it will be fine

i bet he was thashing the balls off those z engines if what he claims is true.

we are only getting half the story i think

wow

arse prirate! Thats brilliant. i'm gunna use that. Invading arses via a rope swing. fantastic!

I'll chuck a bigger motor in my dhz 140 when i get the chance.. wanna see how she goes against other mini motards in nsw 1st. If its waaaaay too slow then i'll upgrade but if not... i'll keep it and ride better. Not going to spend $1000+ on the engine alone. Thats just silly.

love the ass pirate, great im gonna use that for sure. listen, ive been in and out of more yx,z155 engines than just about anyone here. there are seriouse issues with them. if you want to get a decent engine go back to the older jialing style 125cc, 140cc or even the lifan 150. they are way more relaible. you put any type of after maket parts on the z155 or even yx160, things are gonna break quick. these guys around here sound like pitster salesman, they will tell ya everything is perfect then behind the scenes they are scrambing around trying to fix problems with out anyone knowing. ive been there before trust me.

Latest posts

Back