155z - OKO Or Mikuni

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellrazor

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So i've done a lot of reading and have found mixed/ split review about the best carby to run with the 155z motor found in the original Rev Mx ( by Thump140 )

Is it all a personal preference thing?

I've run Oko on this motor and bike the whole time and seem ot be getting mixed results.

I've had two OKO's and one has leaked and been crappy and the other has a different type of main jet fitment? Does this make sense?

So - What gets the best performance? What's the easiest to tune? What's the most reliable where i can just hope on my bike and go without having to play with my carby every time i get on me friggin bike ( so it doesnt cough and splutter and bog down and run rich and all these stupid symptoms i'm having.

HELP!

Many thanks

Mukuni
tumblr_ld89kyTYz41qa4gat.jpg

OKO is better, Keihn is best... That's my 2c :)

OKO like mikuni get faked alot & its hard to tell if you have the real item,

Kehin Pe26 would be the best

26mm pwk keihn is an awesome Carbie. I have had 26.28 and 30mm oko and i found the 26mm to be most reliable .
Im running the pwk now and its brilliant. Set it and forget it

Dhz your running the 26mm Keihn?
What does PWk stand for?

Wow I'm confused.
So currently - on my bike - i have a 26mm OKO Flatside.

What would be the best suited carby for this bike then? Cause i'm bloody confused.....

That's the best Carbie you can run on it for the ease of tuning and performance on a budget. I have no issues with them Carbies going out of tune.

Wow I'm confused.
So currently - on my bike - i have a 26mm OKO Flatside.

What would be the best suited carby for this bike then? Cause i'm bloody confused.....

Mate you have a flatslide carby not flatside.... Same as DHZ's D slide. Normal carbys have a O shape slide #10 in the following pic
Carbs5.jpg

you currently have a flat-slide which looks like this #13

pwk-type.png

And the benefits to be had from flatslide to o shape are???? or vice versa?

maybe it's time i did a plug chop and sorted my sh!t out....

Thanks Timeeh - yep that is the general jist!

Flat is responsive.
Round is smooth curbs.

Flats are difficult to tune
Round is almost easy as bolt on and ride.

My mate and i both run 155z donks and i have the 26mm OKO and he was running the 30mm mikuni, the other day i installed his 26mm OKO and the difference in fuel delivery and response was awesome, changed the whole ride of the bike as its way more responsive and was even easier to start and start when stalled at higher operating temps, so if a 26 OKO is great imagine a keihin, but i love my 26mm OKO and am very happy with its performance and ease of tuning, and to see my mate lee's face after riding with the mikuni was near priceless.

My mate and i both run 155z donks and i have the 26mm OKO and he was running the 30mm mikuni, the other day i installed his 26mm OKO and the difference in fuel delivery and response was awesome, changed the whole ride of the bike as its way more responsive and was even easier to start and start when stalled at higher operating temps, so if a 26 OKO is great imagine a keihin, but i love my 26mm OKO and am very happy with its performance and ease of tuning, and to see my mate lee's face after riding with the mikuni was near priceless.

Well put mate. On my bike when I changed to the Keihin from the OKO I noticed better throttle response and easier starting. Not that the OKO was bad.

Ok No problems.
Thanks for the feedback guys - i appreciate it.

Obviously the tuning of my carby is way out - ( and my clutch settings have a little to do with my rev range at the moment as well but i don't have the bike with me so can only work on it on weekends )

I will try and tune it better this weekend and see how it all goes. Probably pays to do all valve clearances and general service as well.

Thanks gang

they say the OG rev MX 26mm OKO needs to be re jettedfor the best performance.

Dreadful had one that was jetted & it was a beast

Latest posts

Back