155z or yx160 install

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hes saying that the mech in the local pittie shop deals with atomik and that there isn't much price difference between the 160 and??? Well thats what I got out of it.

Look at DHZ they point you in the right direction. Goodluck with it.

hahaha only a true bogan could interpretate that :p:p heheh

joking

whats not alot of different in price??? 155z to 160 ???
and whats atomik got to do with your engine swap????

maybe read word your above post....im having difficulty understanding what your getting at...

sorry i mean the price difference between putting in a new engine and fixing the 150 thats in there now it has done an oil ring

the price difference would be no where near the same...

if someone is going to charge you $500 odd to rebuild the top end then they my friend are taking you for a ride....
do some searching and see what parts are worth to repair your engine...
as a guess i throw some prices out...
rings 20
maybe a piston 40
gaskets 30
hone cylinder 25
labour...(what id charge) 75-100

hmmm

$75-$100 on labour? Thats alot I'ld only go $50.

Defenenly buy the parts and do it your self much much cheaper that way. I took a mates bike to a moto shop. They split the casing and ther charged him $100 :eek: He couldn't even get the bike out of the shop untill he payed it. Rip-offs thats what bike shops are.

Last edited:
$75-$100 or labour? Thats alot I'ld only go $50.
thats including honing and is rated @ 25 an hr. and i was looking at shop point of view

uhmm a honing tool...lol about 60 for decent one
yeah it may sound like a rip off but some ppl just dont have the knowledge to do it...
and also you work out all the time and cleaning needed to do it properly...
and also it includes oil..

Hmm well people should learn to do these things. I'm going to learn how to hone, maybe. Oil is much $50 for decent oil. Not like the bike shop uses the best oil to replace what was in it:(

Is this the honoing tool?

images

there also this one:

images

top one in is a ball hone... they are good.
hard to tell the lower image
but here is the type wat i use... Toolmonger » Blog Archive » Hone Your Cylinders
if i was to buy another one it would be a ball hone but they are expensive...

basically all your doing is de-glazing the bore and you want to have a 45 degree cross hatch pattern finish..

putting new rings in a glazed bore is fixing much..

Some of those replies are pretty good but JB said
This home would be fine to break glaze or find scalloping in the cylinder. However, a ball type hone will be the better choice to finish the cylinder with a 50-60 degree crosshatch pattern.

Is it better to finish with the 50-60 degree crosshatch pattern?
This is the pic enlargend.
honing-tool-158340.jpg

Last edited:
id say that might be for doing hydraulic rams or similar type work...it gets fitted into an overhead hone machine..and it doesnt appear to be adjustable

Okay so honoing. Does it take off anything from the cylindar walls? I now know that it makes a "crosshatch patern" whiched is for keeping the cylindar walls lubricated properly? Is a ball hone better than the one in the link? Whats the better degree 45, 50 or 60? Or doesn't that mater?

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread.

Is that a good hone?
0612em_06_z+cylinder_head_honing+crosshatch_angle.jpg

Last edited:
thanks lads i will have a hunt for the parts, i spoke to a lawnmower shop and he will charge 150 labour if i get the parts and take the engine off the frame and take in to him, does that sound reasonable

Honing a new cylinder in a crosshatch pattern allows the Rings to seal alot better .

And i believe it takes off a little material each time.

$50 for oil? :eek: more like $10

$150 is way too much for someone else to re-build it with you supplying parts, you should just do it yourself and pay someone like $25 to hone it for ya, shouldn't cost you more than $150 to do a top end rebuild including parts

where are you from mate, let us know and maybe we can point you to the right place. or maybe someone here is keen for a bit of drinking money

i am from traralgon in victoria that would be good thanks for the help lads

crf 70 engine swap

hi i recently brought a new crf70 and now im looking to put a new motor in it as big bore kits for 70s seem way to expensive for what you get. iv been looking at getting a 155z crate motor for it because iv heard good things about these motors but are they really any good? and how easy would one fit in? or should i go with another option. any info would be appreciated

mate.... WHY??? you've got a crf 70 and you wanna put a chinese engine in it? pure insanity. If you want a 155z you should sell the 70 and get a pitster pro.

yer, please dont put a china motor in it, if you want a crf70 mod you should have thought of the expenses, other wise brought a china, a honda 70 build wont be cheap

Latest posts

Back