175z thinking of starting some work on it

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lenny17

Reaction score
hi guys iv got a revmx with 175z in it and i want to do more with the engine, looking for more HP since the mrs is giving me a bit of money to do it with :D so iv been looking and the tb 184 kit looks the goods but will it work? anything i can do to it would be great :)
cheers lionel

that wont exactly work china....

you need a special piston for the v2 head and if i remember correctly you can only get this certain piston for the normal 155/160 bore being 60mm and for a 184 kit which i have also been told only makes these engines a 177cc

yeah id dump the idea of a bigger bore kit and just add a V2 head and get the 63mm piston's valve reliefs machined to suit the bigger valves.. if your careful enough you can die grind the reliefs yourself, but any engine reconditioning shop can do this for you.

so will the v2 just go straight on? yeah i think ill steer clear of doing it myself :) so what take piston and valves to reconditioning shop and they will match it up?

V2 is a direct fit as long as you machine the valve reliefs in the piston..

take the piston and the head to a machine shop..

also you will need a new cam cover and definitely an inlet manifold as the V2's are different to the Z heads

awesome sean so which one should i get? (there is like 3???) heres the link can you tell me which one? Classic Honda 50's Australia should i go new cam at the same time or is the stock one in the head fine?

just a klx dress up kit fine?

thanks mate

the heads are all the same, they just list them with different options like gasket kit and piston included.
but the cam choice is yours.

but basically you will need
gasket kit
inlet manifold
klx covers or klx dress up kit
piston machined
and of course the head kit with S35 cam option

just email classic honda's and tell them your intentions and they respond with the needed info

thanks sean your a champ, so can i ask for the s35 cam for no additional cost instead of the stock one? and thats it?

oh awesome mate ill email them now and see what they can do for me :)

Latest posts

Back