185cc GILFAX MONSTER MOTOR

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you didn't just disappear altogether rk, I was think'in we'd all be kept in suspenders till next year...
Three questions...
1 what are you aiming for in the custom camming
2 have you lightened the stock rockers or some other higher quality ones and
3 exactly what tricks and things to watch out for have you figured out since first fitting oversize valve seats.

well, i can't say on the cam yet... they have one of my heads, and doing the cam off of that. it will be the biggest cam that will clear the valves...

stock rockers lightened

we are sinking the seats and valves deep into the seat pockets, so we can run bigger and bigger valves...... 31/25mm

My question finch is how long does a china transmission that fails with 8 hp into it last with 20hp going through it ? I love reading your threads and checking out the horsepower war you and faatcat have. When are yu going to let us know how far you can go with a honda motor?

they both make their trans the same way, honda's just fit together better........ so we clearance and blue print the china trans and, bingo.....

sorry, all we see here is rkfinch23 (one very smart cookie) and a rude insulting fella whom will get banned if he persists. hmmmm..... you should watch yourself mate before someone puts in a complaint about you ..

Cheers, Tony.

hahaha no sooner had i put the call out to rkfinch(in another thread) to start a thread about his biuld ups, then hater drags one up started just the other day. i only just found planet minis and spend most my time there these days and have been missin most of the local action....i do enjoy all of finch`s posts and look forward to reading more....my question for now is again about the gearbox,,finch you make it sound so simple,,,,clearance and blueprint , bingo...i cant imagine they would last long.. how many false neutrals do you find and how long would you expect it to last with all that horsepower

with the right clearances, they will last...... we get 0 false neutrals with a fully prep'd trans.

i have one thats 10 months and running it will be at the frist bookoo race this comming weekend

OK, they`r doing alright..i spose replacing broken boxes is no biggy to you anyways.......for me on my old thumpstar pro the freekin thing was always hittin falseys whenever i was really pushin hard into a corner an go back a gear then OH SHIT NEUTRAL, off the back of a berm i go....very offputting..i thought i wouldn`t ever up the hp cause it cant handle what its allready got

hater man :)................. you know you've made it when someone steals your bike pictures and poses to be you..... thanks but you'll never have what i have

hater man :)................. you know you've made it when someone steals your bike pictures and poses to be you..... thanks but you'll never have what i have

you must be so proud.........how many other minibikes have you got with these killer engines

whats that a small brain, swollen head, and 9 million people knowing your a complete douche?!?!!??!?!!??!!?!!!!!!

as far as big goes......... this is the head this motor is running. at 30.5/25mm it is the biggest valved head of it's kind...

Picture116.jpg

amazing that one or.................. two of them are from MI. it's always easy to hate on someone........ when they are doing what no one has......

Last edited:
I quit hating. not worth my time. Seems you have something no one else has so your one up on everyone else. who is the other from Mi? I either upgraded or downgraded to a big valve china motor. droppin a g2 cam and 138 kit in it tomorrow. along with alot of head work.

Latest posts

Back