190cc Anima on the dyno

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the phantom

Reaction score
Here's something interesting from my dyno.

2 runs from a 190 4 valver.
21HP out of the box, TM34 jetted, my pipe.

2nd run is after blueprinting and setting up. Same carb and pipe, but the engine how it should have been delivered. Just need some careful detailing.

And before you ask, I'm not saying what was done, but suffice to say, only the parts that came in the box were used.

Set up in roadrace chassis. Has done 2 race meetings without a problem.

The Phantom

Attachments

• p1010002.JPG
    p1010002.JPG
    243.6 KB · Views: 141
welcome to miniriders,

the figures don't look too bad....
did you get a video of the dyno run?

i'm guessing you have spent a bit of dyno time tuning it, the 2nd run is dyno #37.

anyone have a dyno of the yx 184 tb head bikes and compared them? because thats what there price range is getting into

To bad you wont tell whats done with it.

Just got my new Anima 190 fdx with a pwk 33 carb. Pretty good engine right out of the box, would have been fun to test what you have done :) Will try the different ignition curves and see if there's any gain

Last edited:
I need a vid, is this on pump fuel? Dyno pics are pretty but a video of this bike in mention on the dyno and the reading after. Or is it all secret?

Its secret in so far as the information is not free.
Doing these sorts of mods is my business.
This was an R & D on the 190 Anima which I then apply to customer jobs.

This is a non decomp engine on PULP 98.

I'll be looking to retrofit the decomp. Funny thing is, the cam in the engine had all the machining done ready for a decomp centrifugal doodad. They just couldn't be arsed (or too tight) to fit one.
The engine also arrived in the box with the cam timing out by one tooth. Nice QC Daytona.

I will give you a box of skittles and a Miniriders sticker if you tell us!! ;)

That's like being told you can bang Jennifer Hawkings but you can't actually stick it in.

The Phantom, the man, the myth, the Psedo Mexican.

Internet-Quotes.jpg

sorry but it had to be said....

What kind of bike are you running it in? Looks like you race with the bucket guys??

It's nice to know that those fugures can be achieved with parts from the box, would be very interesting to see what you can do with parts NOT from the box:boink:

i see a few people are playing with the Anima 190's in the UK too, 199.5cc w/64mm piston, and 212cc w/66mm piston already, 32mm intake valve, and some 190's with 28hp

hey phantom could u put one of these engines in a rs125 frame say 1990-1993 model.As i was looking at getting my young sun on the track and see if he likes road racing. as i have a spare 125 roller. guys this bloke is incredable with his engine/ bike /racing abilitys. if he says 21hp it has it . if the guys in thje uk have 28hp the phantom will probly extract 30 hp.

Latest posts

Back