1968 Honda Postie roadracer...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ducatiman

Reaction score
Hi all, I thought I'd try and post some pics and a bit of the story behind my 1968 Honda postie roadracer. The story begins about two years ago while having a beer or twelve in the shed with a mate and we decided to put a YX160 engine into into a couple of old CT90 posties I had in the corner and turn them into sleeper road rockets. As things happen when you drink beer in the shed every Friday night with your mates things naturally got out of hand and we ended up putting in decent front ends with 6 inch drums, bracing the frames and adding fuel tanks. We quickly realised that they were now nuts and rego would be impossible so we turned them into road race weapons. They are now regulars at Broadford and take huge scalps everytime we race. We struggle in a straight line but all the fun on a race track is in the wiggly bits and we lose to NO ONE but the very fastest there. Cheers Greg.

Attachments

• IMG_2034 (1).jpg
    IMG_2034 (1).jpg
    9.6 MB · Views: 15
  • 220.JPG
    220.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • 590.JPG
    590.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • 462.JPG
    462.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • 458.JPG
    458.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • 588.JPG
    588.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
nice work greg,

the old postie bikes are becoming very popular lately.
they are getting modified in so many different ways.
thanks for the pics

cheers, craig

p.s. i like the Deltek sticker on the tank too, it's basically the same orange as my old 'Deltek Deluxe' from 33 odd years ago!

Latest posts

Back