1p60fmj

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoonta68

Reaction score
hi im wondering if the yx(gpx 160cc are marked on the head as 150cc or 160cc?
as the 1p60fmj is a model code for both

not sure

but they are the same head and barrel

the 160 just has a longer stroke (cant remember numbers)

If they are the same head and barrell, then you could pretty much do the same bore kit upgrades then yeah?

I seem to be struggling to find a bore kit which say's it's actually for the YX140 motor.

the tb 146cc bore kit with 13mm pin fits or u can go all the way to 160 if ya want aswell

case closed saughted out my dillema lol

cheers guys

the same tb kits fit both the 150 and the 160 but u end up with different displacment
example:
same kit on 150 takes to 170cc as the 160 gets taken to 186cc

but on the story of the 140cc u can go pretty high but with the crf50 headstud spacing it gets pretty hairy towards the pointy end of the stick tho lol

Thanks Spoonta. Might pick you brain a bit tonight about it all.

hey spoonta,

can you please give me a link to the tb kit that takes the gpx 160cc to 186cc

i would like to know more about it and prices

Last edited:
not sure

but they are the same head and barrel

the 160 just has a longer stroke (cant remember numbers)

Here you go:

Model: 1P60YMJ
155cc oil cooled racing engine

Specification:
Style: Single cylinder, 4 stroke, oil cooled
Displacement: 155.5 ml
Bore x stroke: 60 x 55 mm
Max. Power:10.5 kw/9500 rpm
Rated torque:11.5 N.m/8500 rpm
Start: Kick start, start any gear
Gearbox: N1234 or 1N234
Clutch: Manual, wet, multi-plate
Igntion: CDI
Luburation: Pressure splash
Net weight: 21 kg
Overall size: 470 x 320 x 270 mm

They look like the specs for the 155Z NRG ...

Since you should be the expert on YX/Zongshen motors ... When they vary the stroke ... IF the cylinders are all the same length/height .... do they run different conrod lengths OR different pin heights in their pistons ? ... Also what is your opinion on the 155Z vs YX 150/160's both in performance and reliability wise ? ... It'd be great to hear it from someone who's actively involved at the coal face ...

They look like the specs for the 155Z NRG ...

Since you should be the expert on YX/Zongshen motors ... When they vary the stroke ... IF the cylinders are all the same length/height .... do they run different conrod lengths OR different pin heights in their pistons ? ... Also what is your opinion on the 155Z vs YX 150/160's both in performance and reliability wise ? ... It'd be great to hear it from someone who's actively involved at the coal face ...

Damn copy & paste da wrong spec's.............sorry!

Dont know much about the Z155.5 engines as they are not produced by our YX partners although i took a head off one with a bent exhaust valve last week (it was bent from the top, didnt look too much into it so i am guessing that it seized in the guide at some point).
I think we may see more of these as there might be enough tolerance's between the valve guides & the Valves.

Replaced the whole head with a early YX one.......they fit.

Too soon to judge the Z155.5 engine overall, but most diffenately sounds Quiter that the older YX.

As for the Stroke difference's in the 150/160 YX it is done by positioning the Crankshaft "Cotter" pin in a higher spot which gives you the longer stroke.
Conrod, Piston, cylinder are exactly the same.

Check out my cheap YX150 Mod in the next issue 50's Bortherhood.

Last edited:
Yes definitely sounds like the exhaust valve stem seized in the guide ...

I know how cranks are stroked ... The conrod length or piston pin height can't be the same unless the piston sits down the bore by 2 mm in a YX150 ...

ie ... a YX 150 has a 53 mm stroke and YX160 has a 57 mm stroke ... so the crank pin has been moved outwards by 2 mm (increasing the radius by 2 mm increases the pitch circle diameter by 4 mm) ... so the 160's piston goes 2mm higher up the bore AND gets pulled down 2 mm lower giving a 4 mm increase in the stroke and the extra 10 cc ... IF the rod isn't shortened by 2 mm or the piston pin to piston deck height isn't reduced by 2 mm ... the piston will hit the head ...

I'll definitely check out your article when it comes out ... I've got a brand new unrun 2008 model YX150 engine ... do you know if they had the bearing issue ? ... It'd be better to flog it off and get a later model engine with the needle bearing case and shaft rather than pay for the upgrade parts and pull the new engine down ...

Latest posts

Back