2 cdi's in wiring loom?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svturtle

Reaction score
Hi guy's.

Just like to say hi as this is my first post and hope someone can help me out with with a question i have with my wiring loom. I have tried searching but seem to come up with nothing.
I have an Atomik Mastiff 125cc 3 forward/1 reverse elctric start quad.
I have noticed that in the wiring loom i have 2 black plastic cased boxes, one would be cdi the other ?.

Box 1, is 60mm x 35mm x 20mm est and has 4 wires about 100mm long coming out of end into a square 4 pin female plug. Wire colours are black/2 white strips, yellow/2 red strips, black, yellow/2 red strips. This box has your typical cdi dimensions but has wires and different plug?

Box 2, is about 70mm x 45mm x 25mm, (steps up to 32mm at end with wires coming out). This has 5 wires about 30mm long going into 5 pin male plug, ( like common cdi plug). This is what plug looks like when looking straight ino it [:.:] , five pins but space for 6. Wire colours are blue/2 white strips-top left, black/2 yellow strips-top right, green-bottom left, black/2 white strips-bottom middle, black/2 red strips-bottom right. This box i don't know? but has the cdi style plug.

Which is cdi and what is the other then?

Apologies for the long winded story but have yet to figure out how to download pics:confused-smiley-013.

Thanks Scott.

hi,
welcome to miniriders,

the 4x wired black box is a voltage regulator
it's used to step down the volts from the stator to around 13.8v
so you dont overcharge the battery, or blow the lights.

022.jpg

Hopefully this worked. Not regulator, box next to it up top of pic. Atomik claim it's cdi, if so will any 5 pin cdi work? as i have new one laying about. Box at bottom of pic still unsure although it looks like cdi?
BTW thanks for welcome.

Last edited:
top left is the regulator,
top right is the cdi
bottom left is a remote controlled kill switch
bottom right is the starter motor solenoid

im guessing any 5 pin cdi could work, have you tried it?

Thanks for that, just moved everything today onto daughters cheapy GMX quad and other cdi seems to work. Now to get an 150cc manual for the Atomik and have some fun:laughing-smiley-002.
Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back