2 stroke engine oil in 4 stroke pit bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snaptrax

Miniriders.com Sponsored Rider & Master Spanner Sp
Reaction score
Hey guys

So i got about 8L of this Trans-oil for a 2 stroke bike. But im wondering if i can use it in my Lxr. The oil is 10W40 and looks the same. Although i don't fancy blowing up my bike.

Cheers Zach

I wouldn't BUT in theory, it would be alright for a temp fix but not in any high stress/sustained situations. The oil is thinner and would make a bit of a smoke screen i reckon. But im no mechanic!!

Hey guys

So i got about 8L of this Trans-oil for a 2 stroke bike. But im wondering if i can use it in my Lxr. The oil is 10W40 and looks the same. Although i don't fancy blowing up my bike.

Cheers Zach
thought you were an engineer? ahahahha nah i personally wouldn't run it, most likely it will be very sooty and smokey! due to the fact that its meant to be an additive. also it may foul the plug and wont fire....
cheers damo

^^ it is engine oil Damo, not the premix fuel additive.

i run 10W30 engine oil in the gearbox of the PW50.

it wont blow it up

So the big question is can i run it craig?

sounds like it will be ok,
is it specific bike oil, what brand etc ?

This is the stuff here
32541.jpg

Its a little bit down the page.
Motorcycle Oils

I reckon you'll be fine with that stuff, I run a 10-40 or there abouts in my bikes. Now if it were a ducati or something then it would be different.

yeah all good, it says for 2 or 4 stroke engines, and suitable for wet clutches too.

Awesome. No more using my good Yamalube oil for my Yz.

well.... ill be chuffed btw didnt have a clue what "transoil" was... lol

"All Motorbikes, Road, Trails, Cross (2 or 4 stroke engine), Enduro (2 or 4 stroke engine)"
I take it back then! lol
wonder if you could mix it with "5100 4T 10W30" motul?
would it help the trans and the lubing of the head and so fourth?

Latest posts

Back