2006 motovert expert heart transplant

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DESTRYR

Reaction score
Lads,
I need some advice on which way to proceed on the heart transplant front, the patient is a 2006 Motovert Expert (In striking Green clothes) it is pretty much stock but is under powered and is constantly getting a beating from the 150cc motors... Namely the Daytona bikes (Well two of them actually). So what I am asking is it is time to level the playing field and I am getting a Daytona motor....

What comes with the motor? What else needs to be purchased (e.g. Carb, throttle assembly,oil cooler, kick start lever, gear lever etc.)

Help me get this little girl back up with the big boyz

dont waste $1500 on a daytona ya can if ya want but id go a 155z or updated yx 160 and if that aint enough you can always go with a v2 head or BIG BORE KIT or both if ya want a rocket ship..

daytona are SUPPOSED to be great but there are little upgrades available (cam and 4 valve dohc kit) and they cost an arm and a leg

that should let ya know what it comes with
DHZ MINI MOTO - Daytona T-Rex 150

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice lads much appreciated.... I was going to go the daytona only because my best mates have them too and they are chewing my arse to pieces. That being the case the brother in-law is buying a Z155 motor for his DHZ bike and I am going to see how that goes in comparison to the Daytona pound 4 pound. What types of upgrades can I get for the Z155 or the YX160 to make it eat the Daytona??

theres a several bore kits for the 155z and the yx 160 aswell as a few upgrade heads (takegawa,v2 and the yx 4 valve) available

Classic Honda 50's Australia

ive heard a yx 160 with v2 head is compairable to a stock daytona 150

Well it'll be interesting to hear DESTRYR's 1st hand account of a 155Z / Daytona 150 comparison ...

The price of the Daytonas has dropped heaps compared to what it used to be ... The major difference with the Daytona engines is the full digital ignition system ... You'd expect easy , kick back free starting plus a broader power curve ...

I will keep you all in the loop when the gear gets here.... we will be putting the bikes through a couple of circuits with different riders and then swap and see who comes out on top. Even if there is a $800-$1000 difference in cost. Standby for the results.

for Daytona 150r u can get cam, 4v, high top piston and a 160cc kit all Daytona parts
or get a custom made piston 2 of in the world :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back