2008 Atomik Blitz 250 review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont think so pitbikekid... havent actually seen any "09" models advertised... i wish Atomik would read this bloody thread though, and upgrade a few bits.... :D

Well...The maiden voyage didnt quite go as planned.
Warmed her up for a few minutes and took off up the dirt road into some fire trails. 10mins in, i heard a loud clunk and felt the chain had come off. i stopped and looked to notice i had stripped the left hand side chain tensioner and the rear wheel was on a 80' Angle. Pushed it in the stinking humid heat back to the dir road and got the trailer out ther. At home i cut the threaded part of the chain tensioners off and ground them flat. got some high tensile bolts and nuts and made my own "heavy Duty" chain tensioners.
Took her back out after that and gave it a floggin' faning clutch everywher and it held up. I found the problem was that the bolt and the nut provided, dont match up in size...clever i know! I'll try get some pix up over the wknd but im goin to Oktoberfest tomorrow so no promises ;-)
BTW..Airbox holes and cut down exhaust can make a world of difference. cant wait for the new OKO 26mm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hmm that's actually pretty handy to know Drew... havent had a problem with mine yet, but at least there's a fix... starting to get a lot of good ideas for these bikes with this thread from everyone... it's getting pretty epic.. :)
sorry to hear the maiden voyage didnt go as planned, but stoked to hear the initial muffler mod and airbox cutout worked well... i never tried mine with just muffler mod and airbox... did muffler and oko at the same time... made HUGE increase in power over standard, especially up high in the revs... :D you'll love it with the OKO.
Hey thump how did you hook up the air filter on the oko 26?
After making my own throttle cable I finally have it all up and running ready for a day out tomorrow. Did you manage to get the unifilter pod in around the rear shock? There was no way in hell mine was fitting so I cut the end off the tube that used to hook up the air box and clamped in onto the carby and attched the pod to the other. I also decided to give the pod some mud protection so i sawed the end off the air box so that the tube would run into it.

Do you think thats going to be too restrictive?

All in all pretty impressed with my handy work. The throttle action is fantastic now. And no more shitty splitter block throttle cable :)

Keen to see how it performs tomorrow.

Hey Somerider, i got the "angled" pod filter with my OKO, and it only juuuust fits between the frame and shock body. it is "squashed" a bit, but it fit... i spent the long weekend riding through sand dunes, on the beach, in the water a bit, and didnt have any issues with fouling the carby, or sucking water...
if you have the "straight" filter, it may not fit that well, as it sounds like that's what happened with yours... I'd say the pod filter in the airbox shouldnt be too bad, but maybe take a stanley knife with you, as you can open the airbox up really easily with a stanley... :D
Stoked to hear you got the throttle action improved, it really was a downfall of the stock setup... heavy throttle, and you had to turn it a long way to get the carby open... did you end up getting a 1/4turn throttle??
Oh, and did you end up doing the muffler mod?? makes all the difference...
Either way guys, you'll have to report back to us how your bikes went, and pics!!!
No pics, then it didnt really happen.. :D :D

Heh heh... The Family is growing...

should email the link to them. lol. they would steal all your ideas and claim them as their own

ha ha, good point... if they made them as good as they *can* be factory, everyone would buy them, and the price would go up...
I like the Silk purse i built from the Sow's ear... ha ha ha...
I'll just keep all the "stage II and III" mods to myself... cant have everyone else having a bike as quick as mine.. ha hah a...

Oh, and to everyoen else with Blitzes following this thread... i picked up a YZF 250 front end, 03 model from ebay... will post up the fitment results as soon as i can...
am nearly done with an auction for YZF rear shock linkages as well... which will allow the fitment of YZF rear shock... which coincidentally, and happily is the same length as the Blitz shock...
250 front end cost me $375 in the end...
Linkage and rear shock look like another $280-300...
so if you add the $1300 purchase price, $120 OKO, and $20 CDI, i've basically built a bike that handles like a YZF400, stops like a YZF450, and goes a tiny bit harder than an XR250 in the engine department, for the grand total of $2115....
i reckon that's a pretty reasonable price....
Feels like a KLX250 powered YZF450... :)

hey thump another question what sort of ignition sytem do these run is it something similar to pitbike?

if so could you whack an ORK or IRK on them and get a fair bit more kick out of them

nah mate, i cant see how you could run either an IRK or ORK.. they run a bigger stator and flywheel, and i'm assuming a much stronger charging system... you could probably shave a bit off the flywheel, but they actually rev pretty quick, but still have a strong bottom end response.... dunno if you looked at the vids of mine running, but it grabs revs pretty quick when you clutch it... :D

yer well if you were clutching it a fair bit you could look at HD clutch spings and a hydro clutch?

im pretty keen on getting one of these big boys after i get my next pitty

Is the gen3 engine the water cooled version whilst the air cooled version in the kuda pro the gen 2 version?
Would the same carby and exhaust changes benefit the gen 2 engine? which engine has more power?

yer well if you were clutching it a fair bit you could look at HD clutch spings and a hydro clutch?

im pretty keen on getting one of these big boys after i get my next pitty
yeah i went a bit stupid last night with the exchange rate working to our favour, and scored a new billet throttle and hydraulic clutch for the Blitz. Blitz will require a longer clutch hose than what comes standard, but should work well... I reckon the clutch holds up pretty well, the way it was ridden in the videos, is the way it's always ridden... and if i cant get it to fade or slip after a few hours of thrashing through sand and dunes, i reckon it should hold up ok... Will post back reports once the new parts get here.. :)
Is the gen3 engine the water cooled version whilst the air cooled version in the kuda pro the gen 2 version?
Would the same carby and exhaust changes benefit the gen 2 engine? which engine has more power?
Kinda... The Gen III is the 3rd generation of the Loncin 250cc upright engine... i believe the Kuda pro runs the Zongshen Gen II (2) engine, which is an even tougher unit than the Loncin Gen III. My missus's xmoto 31 runs the Zonger Gen 2, and it's a pretty quick unit... revs pretty hard, and is a very strong performer. It's also a proven unit, whereas the Loncin Gen III is only a couple of years old now, and is still proving itself.
But yes, the same carby mods, muffler mods and suspension changes will work for the Kuda Pro. They are essentially the same bike... well, built from the same frame platform... just engine, plastics and forks that are different, along with the lights..

l purchased my rec. reg kit (for Blitz 250) from Atomik Keysborough ($100) and they gave me a contact for someone to fit the unit in Moorabbin. l'll let you know how l go with that. l am however having problems with a flat spot (approx. half throttle) and not sure if it is too much fuel. l've checked the spark plug and it is real black, indicating it is running rich. Will swapping the main jet down have an effect from half throttle?

what comes with rec reg kit? and do you have a phone number to this place where i can get a kit from Cheers

velocity as long as it's to suit a 250cc engine, they're all pretty much of a muchness... Shouldnt cost much more than $20-25... :)

Took mine out for the first time after the oko26mm installation. It feels SO much quicker. Throttle action is 10 times better too. Its easier to ride, more powerful and quicker off the mark. Win win win.

Thump I do have the angled unifilter and I dont think sticking it in the box restricted it too much. I did open it up a little though.

So embarrassingly enough...I did slide out on a corner in the rain. managed to snap both front and back brake levers! Has anyone found any higher quality levers that fit? This isnt the first time ive broken levers. They seem to be made of crappy aliminium so they have no give in them...they just snap off.

Took mine out for the first time after the oko26mm installation. It feels SO much quicker. Throttle action is 10 times better too. Its easier to ride, more powerful and quicker off the mark. Win win win.

Thump I do have the angled unifilter and I dont think sticking it in the box restricted it too much. I did open it up a little though.

So embarrassingly enough...I did slide out on a corner in the rain. managed to snap both front and back brake levers! Has anyone found any higher quality levers that fit? This isnt the first time ive broken levers. They seem to be made of crappy aliminium so they have no give in them...they just snap off.

goes well with the OKO eh? heh heh... think we may have unlocked a secret to the Blitz's actual capabilities.. :D
If the pod filter fits into the airbox, i'd be interested to see some pics of it... I looked at the possibility briefly, but the airbox snorkel between the carby and airbox was too small in diameter where it goes on the carby, and i was about ready to start setting things on fire by that stage, and subsequently just turfed the stock airbox... but yeah, can you post some pics up of yours?
As for the levers, any pitbike brake lever will fit the front brakes... I have just bought a heap of parts for the Blitz, including headlight, hydraulic clutch, bendy levers etc, so i'll have a report up as soon as the stuff arrives, in regards to fitment, and result...
The rear brake lever however, i'm not so sure about, and may be bike-specific... i've got the YZF400 and 450 out in the shed next to the blitz as well as a heap of different china pitties, i'll have a looksee, and see what fits...
Glad to hear the Mods also made yours a happy bike. :D

dont think so pitbikekid... havent actually seen any "09" models advertised... i wish Atomik would read this bloody thread though, and upgrade a few bits.... :D

mine is stamped as "09" maybe thats why my forks are shorter?? who knows?

^^^sorry i didnt word that very well... I've seen bikes advertised as 09's, but as far as i know, and can tell by the pics and info, they are no different from the 07's or the 08's... well, the 07's were air cooled..
Still strange yours has shorter forks... can you post a pic up of them?
Or send me a pic on your phone? I've pm'ed you my phone number...
if you have been dudded on your forks, i'd be onto them pretty quick... oh, i found a set of 426 forks for you as well, and a set of wrf triples.. :)

will send pic 2moro wen im at work, yea i pm'd back bout them forks.
sounds good.
cheers again.

will see if i can get some pics next weekend.

Has anyone adjusted the stock forks? mine are so stiff. Tried turning the red nuts on the top of the shocks but i dont think it made any difference and one of them just screwed right off. I dont think its adjusting anything internally.

Rear shock is far more obvious

Latest posts

Back