2008 Atomik Blitz 250 review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey you shoulda asked ken to swap that china filter for a unifilter, that one won't last long. with the throttle cable mod I don't recommend using my method, try to find out how much extra cable you need then drill a new mount hole in the throttle assembly.

i have a metal crimper somewhere, just need to find it, so i can put another lot of metal over the end if i cut the original one off anyway, don't really get what you mean by drilling another hole in the throttle assembly.

nah wont work, as the cable is not physically long enough... Blitz needs a big boys bike length cable, not a pit bike length cable... use the stock one, it works fine. :)

nah wont work, as the cable is not physically long enough... Blitz needs a big boys bike length cable, not a pit bike length cable... use the stock one, it works fine. :)

yea i know that, i was referring to DvDRip's posts about taking some of the sheathing off the standard blitz cable to get it into the carby fully.

DvDRip Post 288
DvDRip Post 294

i should be able to cut the metal off, shorten the sheath on the cable and fit it properly and then recrimp the end with another metal clamp if i can find my crimpers.

Last edited:
Great thread, I have made not alot of progress on minem engine is still on the work bench as the fram is back all powder coated ready to reasseble but have had no time to do it, carby is all here ready to go aswell. I think we have enough poeple with blitz/mikilon/bull's to start our own forum eh! this is getting out of control this thread so much great info but getting harder and harder to find in all the posts!

hey thump*, can you tell me which wires on the Casoli CDI go to which on the blitz?

the Casoli has these colours:

RED
BLACK

BLUE
YELLOW
GREEN
GREEN

Not sure what the blitz has, been to busy to take a look, just figured it would make things simpler if i knew before this weekend so i can just whack it all together this saturday :p

ok im back from my dirty weekend away with the blitz, were do i start.. lets see first up it didnt start, not even the hint of starting, after checking air, fuel and spark and cranking the mofo for 20mins i gave up, battery was nearly dead anyway. went and retired to the eskay for an hour. decided to give it another go, turned fuel on, choke on and hit the start button... BANG! she started straight away?? dunno wat it was playing at but it was running so i wasnt complaining. started to ride it for the first time and noticed a scraping noise from the front, took it back to the camp site and checked it over. found the front disc was rubbing on the calliper, got a couple off mates to hold the bike up by the bars and swapped the spacers over in the front and bugger me the disc was now hitting the other side of the calliper?? found a couple of washers in the back of the ute and used them as spacers for the calliper and got it sorted, finnaly i thought i would be right. next attempt to take off i her a noise from the rear, back to camp i went only to find the chain had stretched a lil and was rubbing on the chain gaurd at the rear. attempt #3 i set off, only to hear this gear meshing noise comming from the engine, i did notice on the way back in that if i jumped on the suspension or went over a bump the noise would go away until suspension returned to nornmal ride height?? lifted bike off the ground and run it up through the gears and sounded like it was comming from the front gear, so i poped the cover off ( removing gear lever makes the job easier) and everything looked good, a little bit of end float in the shaft but gear was mounted solid and no rub marks on the cassing, put it back together and run it again up in the air and the noise was a little quieter. couldnt for the life off us work out exactly what it was, we just assumed it was the chain rubbing on the nylon strip on the swing arm, that s maybe why it went away wen the supsension was compressed?? dont really know. so i got back to running it in, got through 2 tanks of juice and got a flat in the front tyre, no biggy i thought to myself i will just get out the repair kit, 2mins later i should be on my way but NO didnt end that way coz the only puncture kit i took was for tubles tyres and the blitz had tubed tyres so i was screwed for the rest of the weekend as far a running it in, i did borrow a mates spare atomik ax 125 for the rest of the weekend which wsa fun, can throw that thing around corners pretty quick. back to the blitz, what little time i spent on it i found it to be a bit loose, i havnt ridden 2 wheel bikes for a few years now, just been ridding quads but i guess loose is fast, lol. i soon got the hang of it and feels like its got some potential after i finish running it in, still had minor poping of the exhaust at idle that i couldnt tune out. overall pretty impressed :)

hey thump*, can you tell me which wires on the Casoli CDI go to which on the blitz?

the Casoli has these colours:

RED
BLACK

BLUE
YELLOW
GREEN
GREEN

Not sure what the blitz has, been to busy to take a look, just figured it would make things simpler if i knew before this weekend so i can just whack it all together this saturday :p

i think from memory i wired mine up like this
RED - Black/red trace
black - black/ white trace
blue - blue, might have had a white trace on it, its the only blue one anyway
yellow - black / yellow trace
green top left on the cerolli if u hold the unit with both green facing towards u and to ur left hand side - green

not 100% sure as im not around my bike atm.

yea i know that, i was referring to DvDRip's posts about taking some of the sheathing off the standard blitz cable to get it into the carby fully.

DvDRip Post 288
DvDRip Post 294

i should be able to cut the metal off, shorten the sheath on the cable and fit it properly and then recrimp the end with another metal clamp if i can find my crimpers.

i cut the sheafing off and fitted the stock cable the way dvdrip has showen, by putting the cable into the metal slide rather than just the white plastic coller and now my 1/8 turn feels more like a 1/4 turn, might be just me but it does feel like it turns a little bit more than before wen i just had it connected to the white coller.

i went only to find the chain had stretched a lil and was rubbing on the chain gaurd at the rear.

That chain guard is so shit, i shattered mine into piece's when i came off last ride and it slashed into my boot.

attempt #3 i set off, only to hear this gear meshing noise comming from the engine, i did notice on the way back in that if i jumped on the suspension or went over a bump the noise would go away until suspension returned to nornmal ride height?? lifted bike off the ground and run it up through the gears and sounded like it was comming from the front gear, so i poped the cover off ( removing gear lever makes the job easier) and everything looked good, a little bit of end float in the shaft but gear was mounted solid and no rub marks on the cassing, put it back together and run it again up in the air and the noise was a little quieter. couldnt for the life off us work out exactly what it was, we just assumed it was the chain rubbing on the nylon strip on the swing arm, that s maybe why it went away wen the supsension was compressed??

Mine has that strange noise too, seems to just be engine noise, been riding 3-4 times at 6-8 hours per ride and found nothing other then a noise, no issue with the motor or gears, no metal shards or damage

so i got back to running it in, got through 2 tanks of juice and got a flat in the front tyre, no biggy i thought to myself i will just get out the repair kit, 2mins later i should be on my way but NO didnt end that way coz the only puncture kit i took was for tubles tyres and the blitz had tubed tyres so i was screwed for the rest of the weekend as far a running it in

and this sounds familiar, cept i did the back wheel on a Saturday evening, was screwed on sunday, couldn't ride anymore, spent the extra this time on a new heavy duty tube to try and stop it happening again.

Last edited:
Hmm, seems i forgot to make mention of the "gear meshing" noise anywhere in this thread.
It's the countershaft cover...
or, more correctly i should say, when there is load on the motor, the chain "expands" a tiny bit, and rubs against the sprocket cover.. took me ages to figure this one out, as it stops making the noise when you slow down, or when you clutch the engine rolling along.... then when you get back on the gas, it starts making the noise again...
And yeah, it does sound like the gearbox is meshing and whining away....
But big breaths boys, all you need to do is remove the countershaft sprocket cover, and hey presto, noise goes away...
Dirtbatua:
did you sort out your wiring issue? if not, i'll check mine tonight... been a bit busy lately...

Synergy: I'll have heaps of tyre changing gear at the ride day... :D dont worry mate, we'll get you up and running reliably soon. :D

Hmm, seems i forgot to make mention of the "gear meshing" noise anywhere in this thread.
It's the countershaft cover...
or, more correctly i should say, when there is load on the motor, the chain "expands" a tiny bit, and rubs against the sprocket cover.. took me ages to figure this one out, as it stops making the noise when you slow down, or when you clutch the engine rolling along.... then when you get back on the gas, it starts making the noise again...
And yeah, it does sound like the gearbox is meshing and whining away....
But big breaths boys, all you need to do is remove the countershaft sprocket cover, and hey presto, noise goes away...
Dirtbatua:
did you sort out your wiring issue? if not, i'll check mine tonight... been a bit busy lately...

Synergy: I'll have heaps of tyre changing gear at the ride day... :D dont worry mate, we'll get you up and running reliably soon. :D

hmm.. think mine may be a bit different coz the noise stays there if i clutch it or not and dosnt go away unless im doin about 2km/h. also i checked the inside of the cover and no scrap/ rub marks anywere to be found.. but hey if everyone is having the noise and it dosnt harm it then im cool with that :)

cheers thump, kinda waiting for ride day, wanna get back on the blitz again, finish running it in and see wat it really has to offer, should be good.

Dirtbatua:

nah haven't done it yet, been to busy with work.

Just wanted the colours so i could quickly do it this weekend :p simpler having the colours then having to work em out

Hey Thump, awesome thread mate and well done on the bike mods. Thanks to you my Kuda will become even better. I am going to upgrade the CDI change carb to the OKO kit and shorten the muffler oh and keep an eye on this thread lol.

Mine to makes that noise and doesn't go away, not sure yet what it is although i have noticed the chain does stretch after a while then tightens up again till the next ride.

thanks mate, it's become a bit of an endless thread this one, but there's heaps of handy stuff in there that work just as well with the Kuda Pro as it does with the Blitz.
The CDI, Carby and Muffler are the simplest and cheapest mods to do to get some decent power from the Atomik 250's.
So far no one has done a write-up on the Kuda Pro... only the Blitz... so yeah, if you have some thoughts on the KudaPro, a review would be great. Be good to see/hear how the Gen II air cooled version goes compared to the Gen III water cooled donk. :)

yes mate, that clutch will work fine. Have one of those on a couple of my bikes, and they work great.
You need to move the actuating arm mounting point, if you go back a few pages in this thread, there are pics of where you need to move the mounting point on the motor to get it right..
You can get them cheaper from JR Motorsports on Ebay, but coming from china, the postage is a bit higher. Better off getting a few parts at once and combing postage if you buy from JR's, otherwise the local one works out to be a similar price. :)

Latest posts

Back