2008 Atomik Blitz 250 review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No mate, that type of CDI does NOT work with a 250cc upright motor.
So far i've only found one type of CDI to work with the 250's, and that's the Casoli one.
It does require the wiring to be changed a bit (wiring is the same, but plugs are different, so you need to use the standard plugs)
Here's a link to one, but you can get them much cheaper if you look around on egay...
Brand New PERFOMANCE CDI Ignition 150cc 200cc 250cc - eBay, Other Cars, Bikes, Boats, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 04-Dec-09 21:20:47 AEDST)

again JR Motorsports have them cheaper. :)

Thanks for that Thump, now i'm on the right track. Can't wait to get these mods on the way.

Hey Thump, i'm going to cut down the muffler today..... I took it off last night and it looks like you can only cut down the inlet side is that right? is there anything i should know before i go cut away....

lol i actually cut mine off from the back :p took the rear tip off and cut 125-130mm off then put the tip back on.

lol yes mate, cut the muffler down from the outlet end.. drill the rivets out, cut off 125mm, then redrill the rivet holes, and rivet the end cap back on. :)

Finally started getting mine done :p, will finish the CDI and put it back together sunday and go riding next weekend finally.

Removed all the plastics and drained the fuel tank to make things easier.

Couldn't get the filter onto the carby directly so i used the standard airbox piping and modified it to fit and cable tied the filter up high and out of the way, i also removed the threaded bolts which you put nuts on between the new carby adapter and the engine and just put standard bolts in to make it easier :p

Never said where you mounted the CDI thump* so I've cable tied mine under the seat where the airbox used to be for the moment, going to get some spade connectors tomorrow so i can make it dis-connectible easier in case i ever need to remove it.

I got my 1/4 throttle and the throttle cable all in place correctly without any modifications somehow, dunno how i managed to do it but its all 100% in place and holding and i removed the 2nd throttle cable that was on there.

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

Last edited:
^^^^dirbatua that's a pretty clean set up you have there... hmm... your shed looks like mine, i spy a few wheels poking out back there. :)
I have my CDI still where it was, when the airbox was fitted.. it's basically where the old cdi clipped on, but seeing yours, i think i might copy your idea... ha ha.
I've also stretched the stock airboot over the OKO intake, and remote mounted the air filter. sick of squeezing the angled pod filter in and around the shock.. not sure how long the stock airboot will last though, as it's a 42mm diameter rubber hose, stretched over a 48mm carby intake... reckon it will split quickly...
looking good though mate, let us know how it runs when you get to ride it!!

haha yea it's my parents garage, i don't have room at my house to store my bike, but they are only 3-4 blocks away anyway.

Has my parents and younger brothers bikes.

My Dad's 2007 Kawasaki 450
My Brothers 2004 Honda CRF 450
My Mothers 2008 Honda CR 100
My Brothers Suzuki 125
My Brothers KTM 85 2 Stroke (i think its an 85)

After 3 of their old bikes got stolen when the garage got broken into 6 months ago my dad went nuts with security on em :p, all the bikes are individually bolted to ground with grade 8+ chains and locks, with break off bolts on the brackets, steel lock cabled through the wheels which can't be cut with bolt cutters and the 2 450s with another chain through the back wheels and then security cameras watching the whole backyard.

Takes 25 minutes to undo em all to load on a trailer, least we have insurance on em, yes even my atomik :p

Since I've only just started riding i got the Blitz to learn on.

I cut the small end of the air boot off to make it fit easier then put the now larger section over the carby and clamped it off with a hose clamp.

Then i put the other small end inside the air filter and tightened it with a large cable tie and it holds perfect, i can't pull it off.

Then cable tied the filter up around where the bottom of the fuel tank bolts onto to keep it away from the shock.

I couldn't see how the CDI would fit where the standard one without stuffing around was so ended up putting it there under the seat since there was alot of space with no airbox.

Also adjusted the 1/4 throttle position after looking at how you have yours on page 25.

Will be finishing it tomorrow and tuning it, then riding next weekend, will be good hopefully.

Last edited:
yeah looks like you've done everything right as far as what's gone where...

EXCEPT.... he he... i think you will have a bastard of a time getting the fuel tank bolts done up, with your airfilter mounted where it is. he he. i have mine running straight back towards the rear mudguard.. good thing about flexi hoses... can put it wherever you want. :)

haha yea, will see how i go, shouldn't be to hard since i just need to get a ring spanner in there.

But yea that's the good bit being able to put it wherever you want, i was just thinking about keeping it out of the way of the spring and the exhaust, may have to move it now based on the fuel tank bolts, will see tomorrow.

ha ha i also had a hard long think on where to mount the cdi, mine ended up cable tied to the back of the battery bracket coz my air filter came too far out.

hehe, yeah i tried mounting mine this morning, the same way you did dirbatua... had to move it to be able to access the tank mount bolts, but then i was in a hurry and CBF'd playing around with it. ha ha.
Hey Synergy, is an axle the only thing you need to run YZ forks next weekend? i got one in the 400 forks that is just sitting there for now...
hmm... just had a thought... you mentioned axle spacers to run the Blitz wheel... i hadnt considered that, as i still have the YZF wheel on mine...

28mm oko

here again.fitted 28mm oko last week end.stripped carb before fitting cleaned all burs of, quit a few of them to.fitted genuinne keihin jets, 45 pilot.125 main, perfect,clean all the way through,using standard airbox with hole cut out from top,standard modified intake hose.exhaust modified,and casoli cdi,revs its nuts off.:):cool:

ah nice work Retrac, looks like we might have a new jetting baseline for anyone wanting to run something bigger than a 26mm carby on a Blitz motor... :)

Hello everybody!

Since i place my review on this topic in the beginning with just 2 or 3 pages, this topic have grow!
The Akuda, Enduro, Pitsterpro all the same bikes with 250cc loncin water cooled from factory they came with very low power.
I have read that everybody is using the OKO 28mm Carb and one or two the 30mm Carb.
Why not go for the KOSO 32mm or KOSO 34mm ? The price is almost the same. Teorical, the biger the carb, most power will produce. Is the only problem the hard tuning on the jets?

Other thing is: The loncin 250cc whater cooled, have the admission hole with just 26,8mm. Does anyone notice that? I have take of the engine head, and Port the admition to 30mm on entrace to 28 in the end (near the valves) so that the fusion (air + gas) is made just about the end of the admission, previous as the admission valves.

Does any of you have succed the taking of the gaps on the rear shock system (link system) ?
All the bearings have gaps, and the holes in the link system, are too wide for the bolds, so they all have gaps betwem them (o can see what i'm talking about just by levitate the rear whell of the ground, by pushing the seat up, and you will the the gap noise of the link system)

Please comment.

Best regards

most of us are running a OKO 26mm Flatslide carby with 1 person with a 28mm.

Its only a cheap Chinese engine, you wouldn't wanna go putting to much power behind it when the OKO 26mm is tried and proven.

Thump, got my bike running today, just got to tune it when i get a chance, idle is about 5000 rpm atm :p and put the seat and all the plastics back on.

Didn't need to move the filter to get the tank on.

One of the fuel likes split though, the one from the tank to the filter had a rip in it somehow, so i replaced the whole fuel line with some thicker car fuel line

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back