2008 Atomik Blitz 250 review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah so will my local bike shop have a little shortcable to replace the one I f%$ked like the standard atomic cable??? i would only need the little short bit or have poeple been able to find a cable that fits in one peice??? thanks

if you're still using the stock atomik cable like me, and shagged the carby one, use the one that was originally on the stock pumper arm... :)

if you got the billet 1/4 throttle, I used the cable that came with that along with one of the short ones off the blitz standard carby

if you got the billet 1/4 throttle, I used the cable that came with that along with one of the short ones off the blitz standard carby

i think its one of the short one he has cut back too far.

if you're still using the stock atomik cable like me, and shagged the carby one, use the one that was originally on the stock pumper arm... :)

not 100% sure but i thought the cable for the pumper was different lenght??.

either way, just cut (carefully) the adjuster off the pumper cable and if it fits, like thump* said use it.

ok, yeah the pumer one is longer. I thought about that but decided I would ask up here first. I got on with the DHZ stuff but it looks way to short to use.

Thanks Thump 140

Hey Thump 140, thank you! I've had my blitz for several months and have never been 100% happy with it. I bought it assembled from Two B@#$%ers in Morrabbin Vic and it never ran like it should even after taking it back a number of times. Since then I've been reading your posts and fixes. Just installed the OKO 26mm, 1/4 turn throttle and jetting following yr. instructions as well as cutting the tail pipe and installing a new CDI. must say what a difference it has made. It now barks instead of yelping like a sick puppy. Also on my second ride had a big off, bending the cheap bars and broke plastics. fitted Pro Taper bars, EGO Bark Busters and Acerbis plastics. Looks good now goes good. It's also rec rego'd (light kit from Peter Stevens ($120) easy to install.

If you are even in melb let me know, I reckon i owe you a few beers, etc. Without guys like you and these forums the China's would still be on the docks. Atomik should hire you as a consultant to get these fixes sorted out.

All i have to do now is source some Yammy forks and I'm done.

Cheers mate.

This also goes for the others contributers on this forum, building better bikes.

PC27, mate you are more than welcome... what started out as a fun bike when the 450 beats me up, turned into a hobby, then a challenge, then a vendetta... Now it's a weapon. :D
I cannot recommend highly enough the conversion to 99 YZF400 forks, and an RMX250 rear shock if you have the welding skills for the shock mount... so far mine owes me less than $2500, yet will trounce any Jap 250 trailbike... yes, they are crap bikes standard, but throw on a bit of turd polish, and it's a hell of a lot of fun to ride. :)
As far as i know, mine is the most extensively sorted and modified of the lot on this forum, so every challenge with them has been covered, with all the fixes, EXCEPT the rear linkage... i'm still working on that one...
welcome to the Blitz club my friend, we are an embarrassed, yet passionate society. much like scooter riders, soccer players, and blokes who chase fat chicks... :D

did u figure out if any other shock would fit into the blitz? cause having to weld a shock in sounds a bit dodgy to me?.

Oh reckon it would give a 125 2 banger a run for its money? any other performance mods out there?

so far mine owes me less than $2500, yet will trounce any Jap 250 trailbike... :D

lol I gotta call you out here, did you forget say "Jap 250 trailbike built before 1995"?
I think we're gonna need video evidence of the blitz killing a wr250f
:p

did u figure out if any other shock would fit into the blitz? cause having to weld a shock in sounds a bit dodgy to me?.

Oh reckon it would give a 125 2 banger a run for its money? any other performance mods out there?
There are a few other shocks that will fit, as far as i can tell going on measurements alone, 99 and 06 YZF400 and 450 shocks *looks* like they'd fit, but would require a custom exhaust to be bent up, as the external reservoir hangs much lower on the YZF items, and foul the header pipe... The other issue is that the lower shock mount on the blitz is of a different type to the YZF items, but identical to the RMX mount, so rear linkage set-ups dont need to be changed or modified..
I used the term "welding a shock in" loosely, i fabricated new upper shock mounts, and welded them to the frame. The shock is still removable, and actually easier to get the shock out than the standard blitz setup.
as for how well the new mounts have taken, that remains to be seen... if they hold, i'd be confident the blitz would handle a few laps on your average squid sx track..
lol I gotta call you out here, did you forget say "Jap 250 trailbike built before 1995"?
I think we're gonna need video evidence of the blitz killing a wr250f
:p

No sir, i did not forget to say "Jap 250 trailbike built before 1995".... I've ridden 250 traillies of different brands and models to confidently say my blitz will walk over any stock TTR, KLX, DR XR etc etc...
Look at it this way... picture a CR frame, but add ten kilos to it... take a XR250 motor, liquid cool it, bump up the cam profile a tad, and add a 40mm exhaust header, porting and a flatslide carby..
then add a YZF front end, running motard-sized brakes.. throw in an RMX shock, a YZF muffler, YZF plastics and ergos, plus YZF frame geometry... (then get the rear linkage, take the pivot bearings out and throw them away.. i think that's what Mikilon did.. ha ha ha)
so the sum of it's parts, or at least the ones on mine, equate to a far better equipped bike than any TTR or KLX... No, i agree, it wont last as long as a Jap traillie, but it still quicker, handles better and looks less pedestrian... :)

Besides...
TTR/XR/KLX/DR = Trail Bike.
WRF/CRF-X = Enduro bike. didnt come out til 2001 anyways.. not 95... ha ha ha
:)

for anyone that wants to fit the yzf front suspension to there blitz and wants to keep the original blitz rim/disc instead of having to buy the yzf wheel to suit, u will have to ( as mentioned earlier) change the bearings to suit the yzf axle and also make a new bracket to mount the blitz calliper to the yzf fork leg to achive the reach required to get around the larger disc.

if you want measurment, i can draw up some sort of plan for ya but its pretty easy to do if u have the materials/equipment. originaly a mate was gonna machine one up but guess he is too lazy or im to impatient so i made my own today whilst board at work :) a bit rough but it works.

Photo041.jpg

Photo045.jpg

Photo047.jpg

haha you should make half a dozen of those up and sell em :p

the only problem i hav for making more up is that on my bike i had to make my own center spacer for the yzf axle and didnt hav anything to compare it to. so i could be a mm or 2 out on the axle spacer which would shift the hub/wheel/disc assembly to one side or the other a little bit. so i cannot be sure if the one i made would suit everybody.

Hello THUMP*140 !

I read carefully your last updates.
I like your hand made intake, and like your idea of the Oko30mm, but i did not understand, why you make all that, if your Cilinder Intake only have 25.9mm ???? :)
Did you forget that? The air/fuel, does not flow from carb to intake and then cilinder.

You have two choices, or open full lengh the 30mm in the cilinder head, ontil you reach the intake valve. Or you only open as a "cone" 30mm in the opening 28mm 2 inch after, 27 2 inch after .......
Dont forget you should use harder springs in the clutch now, or use some 2 rings with 2mm to reach 4mm in each bolt so the springs can be more tight, and dont leet the clutch spin so much.

Plese make a video of the bike running and put it on Youtube so we can see it in action.

By the way, you can see my new 2010 NMCompetition 450cc dirtbikes they are 100% Honda crf450x exact copy, with inside engine parts from Honda, as long as my 2010 NMCompetition MX250cc models.

Index of /

Best regards

Hey MarlboroMan, been awhile since we've seen you on here, welcome back mate.
With the 30mm OKO and the 28mm internal diameter manifold, there wasnt a great deal of thought go into it. Another Minirider member sent me a 30mm OKO flatslide to try out, and the pipe was the closest i could find in diameter that would suit both the carby bellmouth and the intake port on the head of the motor.
Eventually i'll port the intake out to a taper, but until i get the time to do that, the engine seems to be running quite well with just the 30mm carb and custom manifold.
Intake velocity seems to have increased markedly, as it now runs a shorter and far more direct line to the valves, and the engine will now go from idle to valve bounce instantaneously with the flick of the wrist in idle... revs MUCH faster than a stock engine.. I've also found even with the mismatched manifolds and carb diameter, the motor is punchier and more responsive than what it was with the 26mm...
There is a short vid of the bike running in the shed with the 28mm and custom manifold a couple of pages back, but i'm yet to try the bike in the dirt, as the shock is still waiting to be rebuilt... (too many projects going at once)
as soon as i have the shock rebuilt, i'll be taking it out to test the latest upgrades.. and yes, after the carb and manifold upgrade, i think it will definately be time to upgrade the clutch springs...

Your 450 and 250's look good mate, we have a 450 identical to yours, but it's called an "ODES 450" over here...
:)

So overall, is this actually worth buying? coz if it is im gonna buy one.

IMO NO!!! unless you really enjoy re-engineering bikes, you'll spend countless hours in the shed working on it and modifying and in the end all you have is a slightly better than stock pile of crap.... go with an early 2000's wr250f or a yz125 if you can be bothered

^^^^ Agreed. deponds on what u want..
do u just want 2 buy a bike and go riding with minimal maintanence or would enjoy moddifying and spending endless hours in the shed, to create somthing.

hav u ridden 250's, do u plan to upgrade to a larger bike later? the blitz re-sale value would be nowhere near as good compared to a yamaha.

i think thumps cost so far is around the $2k mark and mine is about $2.5k to date

so like dvdrip said, unless u ENJOY re-engineering bikes and like a challenge thurning nothing into somthing then i would go for the wr250f, cost around the same.

but dont let this sway ur mind.. its up to u really :)

also depends how you ride it aswell all bike are gonna break nomatter what if you ride it like you stole it its gonna break but if you ride it like you paid for it itll last just keep up on the matnence

Leigh, do u have a youtube video coz i heard someone say that on youtube XD.

I dont mind working on bikes, as long as their easy and things that i wont crack the ****s over lol but i also really dont have money like $3k to spend. Im only 15 and $1500 was hard enough to get up to lol

Latest posts

Back