2008 Atomik Blitz 250 review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So overall, is this actually worth buying? coz if it is im gonna buy one.
is a stock one worth buying? depends on the sort of riding you intend on doing. Was mine worth buying, modifying and riding. **** yeah.
IMO NO!!! unless you really enjoy re-engineering bikes, you'll spend countless hours in the shed working on it and modifying and in the end all you have is a slightly better than stock pile of crap.... go with an early 2000's wr250f or a yz125 if you can be bothered
......Yeah but you havent ridden it.... ;)

is a stock one worth buying? depends on the sort of riding you intend on doing. Was mine worth buying, modifying and riding. **** yeah.

......Yeah but you havent ridden it.... ;)

I don't need to ride it to know it's pissa****ty, lol, I just have a strong disliking towards china 2fiddys. pitbikes are cool cuz there's nothing else like it on the market. Chinga 2fiddys are gay cuz they're a very poor imitation of something that has a huge market

Leigh, do u have a youtube video coz i heard someone say that on youtube XD.

I dont mind working on bikes, as long as their easy and things that i wont crack the ****s over lol but i also really dont have money like $3k to spend. Im only 15 and $1500 was hard enough to get up to lol

na im not on you tube but to be honest with you id buy a seconhand jap bike

I dont wanna buy 1 second hand because the jap bikes really dont last that long and when i buy it it will be F***ed.

WTF???? a Jap bike with decent maintenance history will far outlast any new china Matt... Finding one for such a low price however, will probably end in tears or an expensive repair bill, especially if it's a thumper...
Bikes like the XR Hondas and TT Yamahas will last forever, and there are a few examples, especially TT's that are pretty cheap.

Matt if your keen on a china thumper, arent the fastest rider out there, and just want a trailbike, then the Blitz isnt a terrible bike, it's just not great when you compare a stock one to a jap traillie, or even more unfairly, a bike like a WRF or CRF250x... they arent even in the same league aside from looks..
However, read the first page of this review if you want an idea of what a stock one is like...
Keep in mind, mine was worked off it's tits, cause i dont like stock bikes, it's performance was way below my liking (I'm an ex-racer with 27 years on bikes, not a beginner) and because i wanted to see how far i could take the thing... not because it absolutely has to be done to make a Blitz rideable..

Another bike to consider, is the X-Moto XB31 if you can find one... they're a bit cheaper, but they're also lighter, a bit less fragile, and the Gen II engine performs better than the stock Gen III engine in the Blitz... My missus has one, and stock standard is a much quicker bike than a Blitz..

Ýou just have to keep an eye out constntly in classifieds once in the qoukka I saw a 2000 model yz 125 10 hours use since rebuild for $1200.00 ono
you would be far better of with that then a 2 fity chinga

Hey everyone, i have been really looking into the blitz and i would like to know what they are like on the track and would it break if you took it over a 40-50 ft jump??
nice review by the way, lots of info!

depends how heavy you are, with stock supension maybe but if the put better supsension on it I would say yes it would probably easily do it.
But don't quote me on that

hey matt if your interested in a slightly used and modified one i'm selling my Red & Black 2009 October Atomik Blitz 250 with the following mods:

OKO 26mm flatslide carby and filter
high rev cdi
billet 1/4 throttle
modified exhaust
red pitbike handle bars
Red Gear Changing Lever
Red/grey gel handgrips
04 Honda CRF-F Black Clutch Lever and bracket (lever is about 1cm thick and only $10 to replace when broken)
heavy duty tubes in tyres
Spare tyre to go with the bike

Bike fully run in and serviced regularly, been ridden about 6 times.

I'm in S/e Suburbs of Victoria & can work out delivery if your interested.
PM me for more details and price.

Decided to move onto a bigger bike so i'm selling off the Atomik and getting a YZ250/450F and only have the cash for 1 bike :(

Thanks for the advice thump* and the rest of ya's on these bikes, was good to learn on.

Gonna keep watching this thread to see what you come up with next with these bikes.

Nice video thump*

Last edited:
YES ABSOLUTELY!!!! Drew those things are awesome, best dollar eighty ever spent!!! (young guns II... rent it...)
Go back a few pages in this thread until you find a heap of pics showing the hydraulic installation on mine... they are a little fiddly, as there is little adjustment in them, and very minor adjustments make the difference between no clutch, and no drive...

HOWEVER, once you get it right, they're set and forget... these things dont fade...
Brilliant items..

YES ABSOLUTELY!!!! Drew those things are awesome, best dollar eighty ever spent!!! (young guns II... rent it...)
Go back a few pages in this thread until you find a heap of pics showing the hydraulic installation on mine... they are a little fiddly, as there is little adjustment in them, and very minor adjustments make the difference between no clutch, and no drive...

HOWEVER, once you get it right, they're set and forget... these things dont fade...
Brilliant items..

Awesome movie! "Hey Tommy! Last one up the hill is a three legged dog!"

anyway, I'll buy that clutch tonight. There is a msg on eBay listing sayin they rnt there until 22feb so I'll play the waiting game. I'm using the clutch heaps in the tight winding stuff so I want something that isn't gona contribute to too much arm pump.
Looking at a high powered coil pack and MAYBE a 30mm Carb conversion next. This has become an engineering hobby over a riding hobby! I'm telling the missus it's ur fault!

KeepItTwisted!!

yeah yeah blame Thump.. lol..
i havent run the 30mm on dirt yet, but up and down the driveway, it feels very strong, and revs a lot quicker than the 26mm, which was a quick revving unit itself, but i'm now running a dead straight intake manifold... intake velocity is higher...
there are a few places on egay selling hydraulic clutches... if you save that one in your "my ebay", then in watched items, click on the "view similar items" option, it will bring up any other hydraulic clutches on egay... there's heaps of mobs selling em for a similar price.
the hydraulic units arent massively lighter, but they dont fade, which is a bonus over the cable setup, but if you're regularly riding tight twisty stuff, perhaps consider packing the clutch springs, or sourcing a stronger clutch spring... that's my next part of the puzzle, to find a suitable plug and play replacement spring to stiffen up the clutch slip.

Oh yea the blue one in hong kong is the same thing. I'm going for black plastics and red accents so I naturally went for the red clutch listing. All good now! Hey if u get bored and feel like making another intake manifold for the carby, let me know and I'll sling ya some $$ for one. Only if u gt the chance, no biggy.

Any1 know of a good hands free 2way for use on the bikes in the bush?

KeepItTWisted!!

Latest posts

Back