2008 Atomik Blitz 250 review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah the action of the rear shock is actually pretty reasonable, it's the poor tolerances in the linkage that let them down... the shock *can* be rebuilt, but it's VERY difficult to get the bladder to actually hold and seal once they're reassembled... Took the local suspension shop 7 attempts, and about 5 hours of labour to get mine to seal, and even then it only lasted around an hour before it started weeping again... :( sadly i'm yet to find a true bolt in replacement shock that doesnt require any modification or fabrication...
looking forwards to seeing the pics of it in action on an MX track, i'm yet to run mine over a track with it actually completed...

and yes, cross-threaded bolts are all part of owning chinas..

thump have you had a look at the shock they run in the china 450's yet?
the 450's seem to be very capable of track work... ;)

hmmm you make a good point... wonder if the rising rate ratios on the linkage are compatible...
the biggest problem with replacing this shock is the overall length, and finding one with a remote reservoir that clears both the frame and header pipe...
might have to get on to ODES...

yeah i got contact details for ODES as well, and they're local for me... plus they've been running the 450 here for quite ahile now...

im surprised to hear that they do a china 450, havent heard of one of them yet. has anyone got one or has ridden one?
i would like to hear a bit more about them.

yea they do look really good, i bet that in a couple of years there will be a whole range of china 450s on the market probably goin for no more than a few grand aswell.

i still cant get over how they can afford to sell these blitzies for that cheap. they must pay them little chinese people like 20 cents an hour.

alright, got a problem!
thought id give the steering head bearings a grease. so i took off the triple clamp went to undo the the strange looking nut on the spindal that the bearings sit around, and the whole spindal spun round when i tried to give the nut a twist.
so is there somthing different about it on the blitz or is mine just retarded?

Hi Guy's
im 15 tomorrow, and get the bike on Saturday, i have a KX85 and a 110 Thumpstar:rolleyes:
im going to get this bike and hope it lasts me till x-mas, when my "2010" CRF250R is dude to arrive mods already on my list, Pro Taper Bars, Pro Curcut muffler, SM Pro rims, (ive herd the rims on teas bikes F**k up eazy), EDI Race Unit, Stickerkit.

ohh, might whack my sand tyer on the stock rim for some beach riding

i also have a 42 tooth rear sprocket, would this help?

Also herd quite hard to kick over, i can kick a CR500&CRF450R would be hard for me?

Edit* 2009 not 2008

Last edited:
hey
the blitz will probably last you till xmas, as long as you dont do anything majorly stupid on it like jump 30ft jumps or sumfin.
as far as i know (may be wrong) i dont think a pro circut pipe will fit it
and there is probably not much point of getting good rims and spending a load of cash on it if ur only gonna have it till xmas
but defiantly get a oko 26mm carb.
its actually realy easy to kick aswell, but its even easier to electric start it

also where abouts on the sunny coast are you cuz that looks like kawana skate park in ur pic

i have the parts siting in my shed from cousins old bike most of it 1-2 rides old
yeh im a kawana local, well was wont see me there doin much for next 6 weeks, or riding my new motto :(
i can make all my parts fit, dad's a sheet metal fabricator :p

cant do 30foot on them?, man i clear 20's o my 110, 40's on my kx at motto mountain
Guess im gonna need to get some 06-08 yam fork's :D

yea well if you aready got the parts it cant hurt to have a go at puttin them on!
well im not sayin u cant do 30 ft jumps, just it would be pretty risky seeing as its a Chinese bike.
but if you can do 20 ft on a 140 china mabey the blitz would do 30+
anyway if you do give a jump a go post how it handled it cuz i would like to know 4 certain how big it can jump without falling apart.
and happy b-day aswell

It just wont fit because nothing lines up. i have the adaptor on, but the manifold doesnt line up perfectly.

Latest posts

Back