2011 aussie minimotard champs

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shouldnt be a problem if you have a can on the end. have you heard some of these pocket bikes with only 170mm mufflers? they are loud man.
noise is suppose to be 96db from 5m away as the bike goes past on wide open throttle. but it doesnt really matter. why? how loud could your bike be? it couldnt be any louder than some of ours down here.

I'm over 96dB for sure...properly more like 105dB i would say but should be easy to get it down if needed!

If it's under the MA banner i would say there must be a proper rule set somewhere!! The pocketbikes are there at the same time, correct?

Yes pocket bikes are there over the same 2x days. we have done MA racing over here this year and there has been no questions about how loud some of the bikes are.

These are all questions that i can attack Hippy with if you like. but some sort of rule booklet will be released when things are finalized.

I'm going to move this thread to Events and merged it with the other thread as this is a massive one!!

Top work getting it going. Hopefully I can get down there and spectate for the day.

there talking about wieght classes for pockets .
should minitards do it too ?
i dont think so, but im light hehe.

thanks. can you replace the first post with my first posts text. i think that would be better.

Can't be done unless I make a new thread all together. You delete the first post and the whole thread disappears.

If theres no rules then ill bring my CRF500 motard. it should still get round a go-kart track quicker than Londin's Ducati. still Ryan, Matt and Sam will beat me on 150 - 160 mini tards.

is the crf a big bore 450 ?
them minis must be fn quick!!!

there talking about wieght classes for pockets .
should minitards do it too ?
i dont think so, but im light hehe.

NO, No weight classes there isn't enough bikes to start to sepparate them into weight classes like karts. Maybe an A and B grade may appear, that I think will be the extent of class separation.

For those looking for bike info and the like, use the attached pdf as a guide. Also look at this years regs View attachment 4519 and have a look at this extract from the MA manual of motorsport View attachment 4520 as a guide only to what you will need. But the regs for PI will come out in due course.

Last edited:
Hi,
I am Darren from the South West Minimoto Club Inc.
Here is some good information about the event.
Some things are not yet confirmed, but should all be finalized by th end of next week.
Some information may still be changed.
Entry forms will also be ready next week.

MOTORCYCLING
AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIAN MINIMOTO CHAMPIONSHIP
TITLE 2011

SUB-REGULATIONS
Introduction

Welcome to
The Australian Minimoto Championship 2011.

The event will be held on Friday March 4th and Saturday March 5th and will be run over two days of practice, qualifying and five races. The Motorcycling Australia Minimoto Title 2011 is open to all national and international competitors. Motorcycling Australia General Competition Rules can be found on the following website, Motorcycling Australia: Home with the sub-regulation rules, (within this booklet) will apply to this event.

Back Beach Road, Smiths Beach VIC 3922, Australia

Google map: phillipislandcircuit - Google Maps

Licensing requirements: Motorcycling Australia restricted licence or better.
Non-MA licence holders may use a 'ONE OF' licence $66.00, but will be required to do a safety and compentcy test prior, this will be done on the day one of the event before any open practice, usually will take about 5-10minutes.

Costs: $TBA per entrant and you may run up to five classes.
Entry to this event is open from late December 2010, and closes on Friday 18th February 2011 @ 5.00pm.
All entry forms must be received by SWMMCI no later than Friday 18th February 2011.
Payment must be made at the time of application to the event.

Presentation Event:
A presentation dinner will be held at ????
Price: ???

STARTING GRID:

A minimum distance of 600mm off set between each position on the grid, e.g. row 1 to 2 off set, giving a minimum of 4800mm between row 1 and 3 straight set. Minimum distance left to right is 800mm at a distance set back of 600mm for each starting position, e.g. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.

AUSTRALIAN MINIMOTO RACE DAY FORMAT:

This event will be run rain or shine.
The Race Director will determine if a dry or wet race will be run.
No refunds will be granted for any reason what’s so ever once you have entered the track.

DETERMINATION OF PLACING POINTS

1ST 25 Points 2nd 20 Points 3rd 16 Points

4th 14 Points 5th 12 Points 6th 10 Points

7th 9 Points 8th 8 Points 9th 7 Points

10th 6 points 11th 5 points 12th 4 Points

13th 3 Points 14th 2 Points 15th 1 Point

NUMBER OF LAPS FOR EACH CLASS:

Class 1 / Open Cag: 6 laps.

Class 2 / Open Replica : 7 laps.

Class 3 / Elite Open 40cc: 7 laps.

Class 4 / Elite Open 50cc: 10 laps.

Class 5 / Minimotard 2 & 4 Stroke: 10 laps.

Friday: 4th March 2011
Gates open: 7.00am
7.30am – 9.00am Registration and riders briefing
9.00am – 9.15am Compentcy test for non-MA riders
9.15am - 10.45am Open Practice
10.45am - 11.45am Official qualifying session one
11.45am – 12.45pm Lunch
12.45pm – 2.00pm Official qualifying session two
2.00pm – 5.15pm Race one & two
Everyone MUST have left the track by 6.00pm

Saturday: 5th March 2011
Gates open: 7.00am
9.00am – 10.30am Open practice
10.30am – 12.00pm Race three
12.00pm - 12.45pm Lunch
12.45pm – 4.00pm Races four & five
4.30pm – 5.30pm Pack up & get ready for presentation dinner.
Everyone MUST have left the track by 6.00pm

Riders may pit from their vehicles, but once the vehicles are parked it may not be moved until the event has concluded for that day.

TO BE CONFIRMED

CLASS SPECIFICATIONS

CLASS 1: OPEN CAG
Seniors and juniors.

1.1 Capacity: Maximum 51cc.
1.2 Crankcase: Aircooled CAG.
1.3 All other parts are open.
1.4 No combustion enhancers such as NOS, may NOT be used and all bikes must be naturally aspirated.

CLASS 2: OPEN REPLICA
Seniors and juniors.

2.1 Capacity: Maximum 51cc.
2.2 Crankcase: Non-European made.
2.3 Barrel: Non-European made.
2.4 Must be non-European made frame.
2.5 All other parts are open.
2.6 No combustion enhancers such as NOS, may NOT be used and all bikes must be naturally aspirate

CLASS 3: ELITE OPEN 40CC
Seniors and juniors.

3.1 Water or Aircooled up to 41cc.
3.2 Watercooled up to 15mm carburettor.
3.3 Aircooled up to 17.5mm carburettor.
3.4 All other parts are open.
3.5 No combustion enhancers such as NOS, may NOT be used and all bikes must be naturally aspirated.

CLASS 4: ELITE OPEN 50CC
Seniors and juniors.

4.1 May be air or watercooled.
4.2 Capacity: Maximum 51cc.
4.3 All other parts are open.
4.4 No combustion enhancers such as NOS, may NOT be used and all bikes must be naturally aspirated

CLASS 5: MINI MOTARD TWO & FOUR STROKE.
Motard up to 125cc four stroke for 9 to under 13 years
Motards up to 140cc four stroke for 13 to under 16 years
Motard up to 160cc four stroke or 85cc two stroke for 16 years and older

5.1 Capacity: As mentioned above.
5.2 All parts are open.
5.3 No combustion enhancers such as NOS, may NOT be used and all bikes must be naturally aspirated.

Fuel: All Minimoto and Minimotard bikes
1. Maybe leaded or unleaded,
2. Open RON rating,
3. Contain no additives other than those added at point of manufacturer, except lubricating oils.

Wheels: Minimoto 6.5 inch.
Motards 12 inch

Motorcycling Australia safety rules can be found here.

Motorcycling Australia: Home

85 2t :)

If only I had the money..

I am pretty keen, but I will see what goes on down the track.

EDIT: Also noticed it doesn't state chinese only? So can a modded crf50 motor or klx110 motor be ran?

Also, I take it, it's japanese 85cc bikes..?

Last edited:
thanks Darren
yeah jap bikes allowed
you will need rear brakes

I really hope the Chinese rule gets put back into the rules.
Maybe you need to create 2 motard classes, 1 that you can just go nuts with Japanese and Euro parts like the Elite pocket bikes and another class that maintains the Chinese parts on the bikes, like pro chinese or pro cag.

Last edited:
i agree
what about 200cc air cooled 4t 2 valve limit?
would it be competitive against the water cooled?

Won't that banned 150 DOHC daytonas then? lol

no that wont ban my motor. i have specifically built my motor around the rules of this year. This years rules stated China cases and Barrel. Well i have daytona China case and barrel. yes i have a Japanese head and a Wisco forged piston but that is all within the China rules. My motors power at 160cc will still be competitve with 85cc 2 strokes.

Has anyone thought that the CRF150 will also be allowed.

I still think no jap is stupid .. they run same stud spacing so what can be done to one can be done to the other on the most part....... (klx110)

And crf50 , biggest i seen is 138cc which takes a fair amount of work just to get that...

Seriously there is no advantage in running a jap mini engine ?......

no that wont ban my motor. i have specifically built my motor around the rules of this year. This years rules stated China cases and Barrel. Well i have daytona China case and barrel. yes i have a Japanese head and a Wisco forged piston but that is all within the China rules. My motors power at 160cc will still be competitve with 85cc 2 strokes.

Has anyone thought that the CRF150 will also be allowed.

Sorry man, didn't realise I said "Won't that mean that grnman's Daytona will be banned?"

Yeah i wont be happy if you keep the jap in i might have to rethink everything. As im spending like 5k maybe 6 on motard for next year no way in hell i want to do that when i have to race against such a big playing field i would be better off buying a small wheel honda crf150rr

Latest posts

Back