2012 LXR GPX black lable forks with KX65 front wheel and brakes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcj66102

Reaction score
So what all is necessary to put a KX65 front wheel and brakes on an LXR with GPX front forks? Also what is needed to replace the back wheel with the KX65. I have access to a machine shop if it is necessary.

Why do you want to replace the wheel? The lxr wheels are pretty good. If its the brakes your looking to upgrade you can put kx caliper on with adapters and still run the lxr wheel and disc. I have that set up on my bike at the moment with yz master cylinders.

Really just so I can get the parts later on locally and a better selection of rims and hubs.

The LXR rims and hubs will take pretty much any punishment.
Make sure you keep the sprocket bolts tight.

Is all this from pitsterpro US??? Or was it a supplier for them??Sounds like a real pooh fight.
It's a shame you have been stuffed around so much.
I would say its possible to do the conversion but unsure how to go about it.
The 1st thing i would do is investegate what axle size the kx wheels are and what pitch sprocket they run.
Measure the distance from sprocket to disc and see how it matches up with the lxr wheels.

Done a bit of research :

Kx 65 wheels have 12mm axles and 420 pitch sprocket

Yep they will fit but its going to be a good fight. New bearings and spacers as well as a new caliper mount.

I took a look at the website and can't find a way to contact him. I did find him on Facebook so I left him a message. So if I don't hear back from him it kinda looks like I'm going to use some KTM65 rims with one step longer spokes for right now with the stock hubs. It also looks like can use just about any master cylinder I want to on the back and front so long as the brake line banjos have the same diameter bolt. For the back master cylinder I will just make up a mounting plate to relocate and align the mounting of the master cylinder if necessary.
By the way DHZ_XR8cing do you work for DHZ? You have been more help to me than the guys I bought the bike from lol.

Last edited:
I have no association with DHZ at all.
I have spent a fair bit of cash there though.
They struggle with service at times. They got a mechanic that is pretty switched on but tells a whole lot of crap on the phone and has no idea how to talk to people on a professional level.
Ken is a nice bloke but knows very little about the bikes and parts he sells.

Is all this from pitsterpro US??? Or was it a supplier for them??Sounds like a real pooh fight.
It's a shame you have been stuffed around so much.
I would say its possible to do the conversion but unsure how to go about it.
The 1st thing i would do is investegate what axle size the kx wheels are and what pitch sprocket they run.
Measure the distance from sprocket to disc and see how it matches up with the lxr wheels.

Yes I got the bike direct from PitsterPro USA. They did all the motor work as well.

Latest posts

Back