2015/2016 DHZ Motard

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gixxerdims

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just picked up my motard, bike looks awesome!
Couple minor issues when putting together (wrong size bolts supplied, couple missing bolts, few holes off center etc) but in general not too many issues putting her together.

Have a couple of quick questions please? (Refer to 2nd pic)

1. What is the little white container down the bottom? I think its an overflow for fuel?

2. Also, this tube here goes to the fuel cap for the breather, but since my fuel cap now has the bling bling breather, can this just be blocked off?

3. What is the best way to get maximum life from these Zongshen engines?
I've started the bike up and let it warm up and played around for maybe 2 minutes tops. Going to swap this oil out later tonight, run the engine in for 1-2 tanks of fuel then rechange the oil and hopefully she'll be sweet after that. But what else needs to be done?

Attachments

• Motard1.jpg
    Motard1.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Motard2.jpg
    Motard2.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 21
The white containers looks like catch cans to me. Need them to on any motard track.

Yeah you can just block it off.

Same as any motor just look after it and plenty of oil changes.

Luv the motards, congrats!
Do they run 14" front 12" rear wheels?

Nice bike!
I'd give it an oil change straight away, put some mineral oil in, Castrol 15w50 or whatever you like to run
Also don't forget to use some spray on foam filter oil on your air filter to catch any dust before it goes through your engine.
Give it a couple of short ride's, varied rev's and load's etc, maybe 10 min's for the first ride, then let it cool down for at least 10 min's, 20 min's for the second ride and let it cool etc etc.

Check the bolt's are still tight on the exhaust flange under the head, and the oil drain plug too.
Then change the oil, and clean the oil filter after an hour's run time ( 2x lot's of 30 min's)

Remember not to open it up more than 3/4 throttle for the first couple of ride's, and make sure you let it cool down for 1/2 hour after your first couple of 1/2 ride's

Do they run 14" front 12" rear wheels?
Look's like 12/12 wheel's to me.

I am guessing that you'd still need to run that vent tube from the fuel cap to the catch can, otherwise if you come off and drop the bike, fuel can still spill onto the track.

Last edited:
hi guys, yeh 12/12 wheels.

Ah good point about the fuel cap.

Any reason to run mineral over synthetic?

Yeah, synthetic oil's won't let the ring's bed in properly, and it'll be an oil burner

ok cool thanks for the info....
just another quick one please!

as far as oil changes and oil filters;
1. where is the oil filter?
2. how often should you change the oil and oil filter? 10 hours?
3. which oil filter should you use?

You can buy the oil filter from most bike shop's, part number is HF131, DHZ sell them too
http://www.miniriders.com/tech-talk/34988-z160ho-oil-filter-part-numbers.html

The oil filter is on the r/h clutch cover at the top front, 3 bolt's hold it on, don't lose the small o'ring when you take the cover off either.

8ea837d5.jpg

Riding it hard i would be changing the oil every 2 hour's, general trail's riding maybe 4 to 8 hour's.
Racing it some people change it ever race.
I usually change my oil when it start's to change colour

A want some low rise bars for my DHZ outlaw but i have no idea what to get. I tried to research on here but there is so many different types of pro tapers!

my67xr - any ideas where to buy from and what to get? The top bar mount off the triple clamp is really tall too, like a good 3-4 inches. Want a lower clamp!

Lower handlebar's for your bike, there are a lot of brand's and different bend's etc
Tag Metal's bar's, Pro Taper bar's, Renthal bar's just to name a few.
The original Outlaw bar's look like they have a 4" rise to them, and they are fatbar's ? 1 1/8" ?
The riser's look to have roughly a 60mm - 75mm rise on them too

You could find yourself some low rise bar's and just replace your bar's with them, that's drop the grip height around 2 "
And you can probably find some lower riser's for it too, but you need to take them off and measure them up first, measure the rise and the bolt pattern
Ebay would be your best bet, someone here may have some lower riser's too they want to sell ?

You are probably best off going into a couple of motorcycle shop's and compare a few different fat bar's and see what suit's you
There are different bend's, and different rise's etc so some will feel better than other's
Take your Outlaw bar's in with you to help compare
You can get mini specific bar's from the better brand's which are a touch shorter than the big bike bar's, or just cut down some big bike bar's to suit you.
I run Renthal Fatbar's on my Pitbike, they have been trimmed approx 3/4" each end

fatbar in Vehicle Parts and Accessories | eBay

1 1/8" HANDLEBARS in Vehicle Parts and Accessories | eBay

28mm HANDLEBARS in Vehicle Parts and Accessories | eBay

Latest posts

Back