21Guns Triple Build Thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21Guns

Reaction score
So I did a quick intro in the ask the techs thread here:

http://www.miniriders.com/ask-the-tech-masters-/42094-49cc-motors-driving-me-up-wall.html

Long story short I got a double deal on a Jianshe PY90 and a little 49cc and managed to pick up another 49cc for cheap to build up for my sons. Today I managed to get one (the one with plastics) as reliable as can be and put in a new magneto and kill switch so after I finish making training wheels I'll pull it down for powdercoat and new plastics. The second one (without plastics) will either need a new carby or just a quick clean as well as finding a way to straighten out a bent fork leg. The PY's problems are listed in the thread above. On to pictures the reason why everyone reads threads.

I'm positive I'll ask dumb questions and say a few dumb things along the way but bare with me. :)

So I managed to seat the throttle cable back into the carb properly in the PY90 however it immediately floods and spews petrol straight out of the overflow. Any ideas on where I'm going wrong here? Also nee carb and plastics ordered for the naked and new bars for the other as I just found out they were bent when I straightened the forks today.

The PY might have dirt or something stuck in the needle and seat ?

carbs_needle&seatrubber.jpg

Take the carb off, disconnect the fuel hose.
Turn the carb upside down and remove the fuel bowl, and then push the chrome pin that hold's the float to the tower's and remove the float.
Now you can take the needle out, the needle tip should be clean and the rubber tip smooth, cone shaped, if the tip is damaged it may need replacing.
Blow compressed air in though the bottom of the seat and it should get rid of any dirt in there too

Then refit the needle and then the float.
Check that the float closes the needle before the float bottom's out in the top of the carby, usually the float sit's parralel to the fuel bowl mounting face when the needle shut's off the fuel

Still yet to pull the carb off the PY90 however I found a faulty key switch on the naked so removed that and now have spark to it. Just waiting on new bits and pieces. I've fabbed up some training wheels for the other 50. They're at the powder coaters now and I hope they'll get done today. In other news I scored myself an Atomik Nitrous 125 just to be a tool on. I used to stunt sport bikes til I nearly put myself under a truck. Figured I wont cry as much if I trash the Atomik haha. Photobuckets spamming me so no photos yet sorry.

The mailman brought me some gifts. New blue plastics for the naked as well as a new carb and handlebars. The naked (soon to be lil blue) runs but needs a new exhaust gasket. New training wheels are going on the red one today then I'll blat around on the nitrous to run it in a little more. My youngest loved sitting between my legs and riding around the yard.

So training wheels are on the plastic'd bike and looking good in red powder, new blue plastics have arrived as well as new wider tires for the other. Also contacted Jianshe and soon I'll have a new throttle assembly and carb. The spring in the throttle return is just too worn. Also contemplating some supermoto wheels for the Atomik for shiggles.

After tinkering with the fitties for a bit I dragged the PY out for another look at the carb. Still overflowing fuel but oh well. I adjusted the idle speed and presto clicked into gear and went for a lap around the yard. A quick guess on the over revving was the idle speed was set way too fast.The clutch needs replacing by the feel of it and the kickers going to need to be replaced. I can feel the stripped gears. And now after measuring the Lifan 125 in the atomik and PY90 I think I might sweet talk the missus into getting her bike a new motor haha.

So I managed to seat the throttle cable back into the carb properly in the PY90 however it immediately floods and spews petrol straight out of the overflow. Any ideas on where I'm going wrong here? Also nee carb and plastics ordered for the naked and new bars for the other as I just found out they were bent when I straightened the forks today.
Where did you end up picking up your new plastics from?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

So small update. I fabbed up some number plate and fender brackets and re-shoed it with wider tyres. Ill update new pics next week when the plastics go on and kiddo gets his present.

In other news the Atomik copped its first beating today when I was pulling wheelies. I hit it too hard on the throttle it didnt lift I hit the front brake too hard put my foot on the engine as she slipped and got shot onto my head. Only injuries are my foot which hit and bent the kicker and a bit of rubber off my grips and a slightly untrue front rim. It was my first actual accident in 5 years of riding two wheels.

Well kiddo gets his bike in roughly 4-5 hours. Lil Blue is finally dressed up. I had to swap rear wheels as I must've slashed the new tube putting it on some how. Brakes are tightened up and new training wheels are on. Honestly I think I may replace the shock as the one on it has seized but I'll be on the back for gis first few rides so probably a good thing.

Kiddos gear

And Lil Blue

I will need to rebuild/replace the forks but I am having a PITA of a time finding forks to match both bikes. If anyone has any leads on two sets of chinese fiddy forks hit me up please. Goodnight people.

Kiddos birthday went great with the exception of a worn exhaust gasket (fixed with cardboard gasket) and now his forks have worn so badly that theyve bent his brake disc. So once again anyone know where I can find some 1" x 500mm forks? I cannot find any in Australia.

Try sending Blygo a message on ebay, he has a lot of pocket bike part's
Or any pocket bike seller there.
I saw a couple of brand new pocket dirt bike's in SA on Gumtree a month ago both were minus the engine for $100 the pair.
I reckon i've seen Pocket bike fork's on Gumtree SA too, he might be able to post them to you?
This is the seller, ask him for a pic of the pit bike fork's he has- Megelli 25r ( parts ) | Motorcycle & Scooter Parts | Gumtree Australia Port Adelaide Area - Birkenhead | 11

So the Atomiks giving me the ****s. I put in a #25 pilot jet in the carb and its been leaking straight out the overflow since. Ive been through and cleaned the lot replaced the gasket and all. So whats a good new carb you guys would recommend for a lifan 125cc?

What was in it originally? I thought a #25 would be to big, a #20 would be closer imo. A 24mm oko would be a good carb for a 125 i reckon, but will still require jetting and tuning..

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

20161003_155438.jpgThanks for the input it was a #20 as I found out on the final try of cleaning and reasswmbling the carb (it did the trick and unclogged the needle!) However I think I found the culprit of its problems; a split hose that I have no idea of its function.20161003_155428.jpg

Latest posts

Back