24hour scooter race

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the parts arrived !! sr50 running so i will be spliting up the miniriders and barnes is on the sr50 . im not riding ####### @#@@##@.

WE won ! outright , 1st modified and 2nd in std with 5 minirider members ! all riders except for 1 :scooter:

What to say - what an experience thanks Ron, Scooter Shop, The Insure My Ride
Le Minz 24hr Scooterthon team, and all my team members and pit crew.

Can confirm that scooters still arn't cool but have to be the cheapest way to get into some great competive racing.

Bring on the next one!

Last edited:
2012 @ phillip island kart track or in town around october
barnes and i had no crashes all others having only 1 crash each !
pete and i setting fastest lap times within our 2teams .
though barnes proberly was faster than me the sr50 aprilia was up and down performace and tyre wise
thanks to the riders londin barnes nocrfhere turtle and nic.

2012 @ phillip island kart track or in town around october
barnes and i had no crashes all others having only 1 crash each !
pete and i setting fastest lap times within our 2teams .
though barnes proberly was faster than me the sr50 aprilia was up and down performace and tyre wise
thanks to the riders londin barnes nocrfhere turtle and nic.

Yeah! A BIGThank You to Ron for organising everything! The bike was very nice to ride and had plenty of GO! Although I can still hear it... even in my sleep!

I have been looking at different places around Melbourne to have it! Albert Park is perfect, so many access roads and even underpasses so we can have figure 8 courses and a track that Brownie can have another crack to make his World record even bigger! There is so many options you could have in the park.
Phillip Island would be awesome for us to ride on (plus we mini guys would be quick), but I think it would be hard to get a sponsor on board when it would be hard to get spectators down there. If held at a location in Melbourne town, could get so many more spectators and pulling power with sponsors and governments for grants. Plus we could annoy a few more neighbours with the noise of the Aprillia!:Harp:

If you guy's are serious about breaking the record you need a course where the average speed is high. Boring yes, but breaking the record would be easier if the bikes can handle WOT for 24 hours. Why not hire Calder Park....... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Flat out 80-100km/h for 24hours an true test of engine building and reliability!!! You may find that lapping a typical kart track like phillip island your average speed is lower than at the show grounds and record breaking is unachievable. Even racing at a full sized bike circuit may be the answer.... Broady!!!!

If you guy's are serious about breaking the record you need a course where the average speed is high. Boring yes, but breaking the record would be easier if the bikes can handle WOT for 24 hours. Why not hire Calder Park....... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Flat out 80-100km/h for 24hours an true test of engine building and reliability!!! You may find that lapping a typical kart track like phillip island your average speed is lower than at the show grounds and record breaking is unachievable. Even racing at a full sized bike circuit may be the answer.... Broady!!!!

It was already said that if it was done on a Kart track that they wouldn't allow a Single rider record attempt as the average speed wouldn't be high enough, but going round and round flat out I see as Cheating. It should be done on the same course as the record was set or create a new record and leave the other one untouched.

But Phillip Island and Westgate Tracks did come up in the conversation.
After doing somewhere in the vicinity of 800 laps I see why 24 hour car races are run on tracks that are 20 km long, Lapping every 40 or so seconds becomes very boring and frustrating at times as you just crave a different corner or a rest of longer than 8 seconds. I think the longer the better, more corners and a looooong straight would be great, good battles in the corners and drags down the straight, give people some variety other than 3 rights and 1 left.

There were heaps of people taking photo's and someone at about 2am on the inside of the corner with the flash on about 1 meter from our heads :autogun: But I'm sure they all will suface in the coming days, we just need our bodies to recover and catch up on sleep!

I had an absolute blast and can't wate for the next one (well my body can). It was a great way to spend the weekend big thanks to scooter shop for letting us flog the guts out of the tgb all weekend and ronny for all his work putting the bikes together and having them both finish without a drama.

Isn't the record as simple as "distance travelled by 50cc in 24 hours"

You can interpret that anyway you like, but if I was going for a "50cc" record I would be looking for a manual 6 speed for a start with a conventional chassis and engine location. Do metrakit do a 50cc??

Aprilia RS50 anyone????

Last edited:
Question is then, what is the definition of a scooter? does it have to have a single speed variable transmission or just look like a production scoot? they do make the vespa PX200 with a 4 speed box and its a scooter.

To the best of my knowledge, from back when the Le Minz first started and I was still in the scooter industry, it was exclusively for 50cc scooters, but AFAIK the record that stands is "distance travelled in 24 hours by a 50cc" I'll happily be corrected??

The only way to truely know is to check the record that was broken in the guiness book and interpret the rules as you see them, for sure grnman if you check for the 200cc record, by all means hit Calder Park with a px200 and see what you can pull off, but if it was me, I'd be streamlining a ktm exc200 :)

I tried it by myself in 2009 . they had a shorter circuit and it was pissing down with rain re aquaplanning .I lasted 6 hours then would crash every 5 laps or so . If you think you could ride non stop for 24 hours ? you should try it . it wont matter what your on .
What a team !we did a rear tyre change in record time and had numerous jetting changes . our fuel stops , rider changes and shift rotations went well with everyone doing there bit and more .
Thanks guys i couldnt of done it without you .

Latest posts

Back