250 cc timber wolf wiring

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricky_191

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm not sure that this goes here but i'm having trouble with this 4 wheeler.

The wiring is a bit messed up but the light near the key turns on and when you push the start button , the solenoid clicks. But it doesn't make the starter go.

When I bridge the solenoid the starter goes so i'm not sure what's wrong.

Has any one got any idea of what to check. If the start button makes the solenoid click , and when you bridge it, it starts to work.. so i'm not sure what to do next.

Thanks guys.

it will just be dirty contacts in the starter solenoid.

they are easy to fix,
first pull the rubber boot off, and you should see 3 or 4 tabs that hold the metal and plastic sections together.
bend the tabs back enough to gently pull it apart.
and take note on what goes where

you will see some black carbon/arcing where the brass contacts touch.
scrape it off with a flat bladed screwdriver, being careful not to scratch it up too much
if you can get some, put a smear of dielectric grease on the brass contacts, it will help then by not letting them weld themselves together, and arcing out.
supercheap sells it as bulb grease

Yeah we got a new one and put it in. It clicks which is good but no start.I had more off a look. There is two wires that go into a plug from the solenoid. One is red and the other is blue. The red ones is connected but the blue side isn't :/

I had a look around and I can't really see where the wires are meant to go that come off the solenoid. It's not a genuine one so I can't just match up colors. Do you know how to wire this thing up ?

There is two red cables on one side of the solenoid and then the lead for the stater motor on the other side. Does it matter what way they go on ?

Thanks

I really hate working with other peoples botch jobs but it's kinda good when it works out. I got the electric start on my pit bike going after I pretty much re wired it. I'm just thinking back to it. The two tiny leads, Does one go to the start switch for power and the other one is grounded ?

yeah, normally one to earth, one + wire from the switch.
sometimes they run the earth back up to the switch on the handlebars too.

so do you have 12v going to the starter motor when the solenoid clicks ?

I don't think so. When I bridge it, the starter goes but the bike doesn't start. Would it still get spark if I just bridge it ?

I got the test light out. this is soo strange but with no cables to the back of the solenoid, it ticked :/ Like how ?

I found the switched wire from the start button and when I hook that up to the lead out of the solenoid , both wires have power :/ I'm so lost now.

it ticked when you turned the ignition on ?

the switched wire from the bars, does it only supply 12v + when you press the start button ?
some set ups also use a negative switched start button.

the second wire from the solenoid could supply 12v+ to the cdi unit too ?
is it a 6 pin/2 plug cdi by any chance ?

Latest posts

Back