26mm OKO flatsSlide Carby

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Croc

Reaction score
Ok...deep breaths here....purchased one of these nice carbies from DHZ. Once testing it, i lost throttle tension.
Removed top cover off of carby, pulled out throttle spring and cable. The cable had worked its way through the hole in the needle clip plate. Results - no throttle.

Has anyone else experienced this? Do you know if a tight c-clip is meant to come with the carby to prevent the cable working through the hole in the clip plate.

Thanks

The Same happened to me last week,
Then I realized I had the little white plastic thing on the bottom of the sprint the wrong way around. It should slide down easy and cover the little clip where the cable sits. and if you look down the throat of the carb and look at the slide, the little hole on the front of slide should only be showing the white plastic thing.
If the hole where the cable sits in the slide is worn or doesn't fit nice, you may need to get a new one from oko australia, I think they are $35.

I really don't get why everyone has trouble with this.....

Have a read of this thread, should you get to know your carby http://www.miniriders.com.au/carby-tuning/23986-those-about-rock-buying-oko-flatslides.html

the plastic bit locks the cable in place:
img0452h.jpg

i have also seen cable ends that are a little out of shape which interferes with the plastic bit sliding all the way down.
it may need filing..

thanks guys, it seemed an obvious fit however for some reason there seems to be too much slack in the hole provided. i'll make some mod's. lol. Cheers again.

the hole in the plastic piece doent lock the cable, its the fact tht the plastic piece slides down over the cable end. if you can still see the cable end you have it installed wrong.

also check that the plastic piece isnt upside down.. there should be a recess on the plastic thing at one end for the spring to sit on it..

Latest posts

Back