27mm pumper Mikuni?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaneo

Reaction score
Saw this carby and wondered if it is the go. Mechanics only please. Dont know how to put a link on so check it at SA Fun Bikes in the parts section. :)

well sorry buddy but im not a mechanic but the add seems to be talking it up alot so it must be good ey?? but wat the fuk is a accelerator pump.. come on guys there just 50s

I wonder where the acceleration pump is on the foto....its the exact foto from the 26:p

Hey - Mountain , that IS an accelerator carb - you can tell by the bottom of the float bowl - I was going to buy one to try but the sellers never had the special twin cable to go with 'em . They've just used a pic of the pumper carb twice !

An accelerator pump will make one HELL of a difference to performance because it's like a crude type of fuel injection ! IF you're mechanically minded - go out to your car and disconnect the accelerator pump arm/linkage - then first - try starting it cold - then when you get it started and warmed up - go for a drive .......... and experience what I already know ......hesitation on take off and under load with every movement of the throttle .....but you'll save a stack of fuel from the lack of pump discharges !

High performance Holley carbs actually run double fuel pumps - they boost torque and throttle response by leaps and bounds if you're not a throttle jockey ( a tool who whacks the throttle open to the max fast all the time ) .

By controlling how fast you roll the throttle open throughout the rev range - you can go stacks faster around a track without having to rev the ring hole out of the engine in every gear . Pumps allow engines to pull taller gears out of corners for max traction and less shifts around a track ! :)

well now I see it too:eek: ...a nice idea to do a carb for fiddys, keep us posted when you got yours!!;)

BTW ..from whom is it ??Mikuni??Keihin??OKO??...

Last edited:
would that carby be alrite to put on a 125cc bike thats stock ? or only good with mods ?

Might go down to SAFB and pick one up, or have a look.

accelerator pump injects a small burst of fuel into the carb when u accelerate quickly. helps maintain a richer fuel mixture on acceleration. deffinenly worth it.

OK Skeptics if your running a stocker or a small cc engine dont even think about it, your wasting your time. These puppys work best when there is some cam lift and overlap and increased port size. No good for little Honda's, unless its had some real work carried out on it with a big cc gain. These carbys make an great performance difference and can make a bike that has been difficuilt to ride a much better bike with improved top end as well as nailing out flatspot issues. Yes there is no off the shelf cable for these as yet they are made to suit each bike. My testing has found these to work better than flatslides as the fatslide can produce lots of power quickly and make the bikes difficuilt to ride and often flatsides will produce flatspots somewhere. These carbys have smoothed out the power delivery and actually improved top end more so than the bigger flatslides. By smoothing out the delivery it becomes a nicer bike to ride. I guess its all about volumetric efficientcy.

My testing has found these to work better than flatslides as the fatslide can produce lots of power quickly and make the bikes difficuilt to ride and often flatsides will produce flatspots somewhere. These carbys have smoothed out the power delivery and actually improved top end more so than the bigger flatslides. By smoothing out the delivery it becomes a nicer bike to ride. I guess its all about volumetric efficientcy.

Copy that..........but what about flatslides with accelarationpump........
like the tm28-1 ??;)

I havent tried them so I cant comment. Sounds good in theory.. Just commenting on what we have found and saying what we have found. At the end of the day its results that count. The 27mm Pumpers have been great bolt on and we have found the standard jetting to be alsmost spot on. Its hard to get a balance of power and smooth delivery. The flatslides can and do produce good power but cant be very harsh and a little hard to get right. Its hard when the front wheel is trying to lift of the burm when railing (with flatslide) The pumpers have smoothed out that harshness and made things a bit easier to ride whilst still making great power. We have found that we can ride harder and faster with the pumper carbs because of the smoother delivery.

dont buy them off ebay because most are fakes.. try going to a shop..

thanx m0p

Latest posts

Back