4 hrs to bleed brakes :bigcry:

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no_crf50_here

Reaction score
Has to be the longest single SIMPLE job i've ever completed on my bike. Fitting Brembo master.

First issue : Couldn't find banjo bolt - so went to supercheap and got a few different bolts of different sizes. Put bolt into drill press and made my own banjo bolt, was quite happy that it worked first time and only took 5 min to drill two holes as I did it nice and slow so she didn't get too hot.

Second issue: Bleeding brakes OMG WTF AND CRAP three and a half hours to bleed them. No matter what I did could not get pressure to the caliper. Ended up doing 6 laps around the fence line nice and slow and just 'jiggled' all the air out. Sounds dumb but it's the only thing that worked.

Third issue: after I got them bleed well, I look down and check for leaks only to find that the two forks on the inside of the brake caliper have bent!! GAH

end of the day looks the part sittin on my bars :) and i'm hunting for a Brembo slave that fits my rim

DSCF0075_small.JPG

yeah im not sure if brembo's are like most front brakes on bikes but you usually have to jiggle the lever in and out about 5-10mm. dp tht for a bit then you can go to full pumps..

but yep it gets very frustrating when it fights you

this brembo copy levers are a freaking nightmare....changed it on a cbr here already 3times:cursing::cursing:...try to get hold of a rebuild kit for them ...the seals go out in notime!!

Last edited by a moderator:
After seeing first hand around a race track the performance, quality and feel between the Brembo 4 pistons and the stock twin piston china brake.
I know which one I would throw in the bin.

Latest posts

Back