49cc TDR QUAD MINI BIKE

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vyclubby

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I am new to this forum, and I am looking into getting one of the Ebay 49cc TDR QUAD MINI BIKE for my son for his 4th birthday. What are your thoughts on these?

Also I live in the Parramatta area does anyone know of some decent places to take him to ride it? We have some bush tracks around our area, but I don't want to get fined.

hey mate, i'll be honest with you - those bikes arent a real great piece of machinery. i mean they werent really built to last hence the price tag.

however, considering your son is only 4 years old it will probably be fine for him, and its pretty unlikely he will break anything on it.
just have a read around this forum and see what people recommend in terms of maintanence etc.

the first thing you'll need to do for safetys sake is lock-tight all the nuts + bolts.

anyway goodluck with it, any other questions feel free to ask ;)

Thanks mate. I will definately lock tite it. I figure he can ride it for a while, and if it is something he enjoys, I will spend the coin and buy him a proper one. Cheers.

tdr is the worst there is, those quads are made of cheese and they'll fall apart just by looking at it.
but for $200 I guess you'll get a bit of fun out of it, and yea it won't break so quickly with a 4yo

umm that aint true rip i know there 140 bikes cost 480 U S each plus postage which is a shipping container and they sell for 800 plus post of bout 95.

no what i mean the quality of the tdr 140 and 150 they cost roughly 480 U S each for the ebay sellers and the quality is actuly pretty good, i have delt with tdr impoting some parts off them and the quality is very high so the quad should still stand up

no what i mean the quality of the tdr 140 and 150 they cost roughly 480 U S each for the ebay sellers and the quality is actuly pretty good, i have delt with tdr impoting some parts off them and the quality is very high so the quad should still stand up

Good to hear mate. If my son rides it for a year and still ejoys it (as long as the quad lasts that long) then I will get him a motorbike. I am getting it as a cheap way to see if he is a rev head like his dad.

ah got ya, yeh I've seen a tdr website selling parts once and it looks like the same kinda stuff pitpro, dhz etc. are selling
but still looking at tdr bikes/quads on ebay they look shockingly crap, it makes atomiks look awsome lol

um, the quads are a hunka junk, but still, with some knowledgable applications of a welder...

and those lil 50's can scream with some tuning.

tighten every damn bolt, pray you get one with the front brakes,:D the shockies are adjustable

theyre flimsy as, theyre bent out of the box, the chain comes off every ten seconds...well, with my hulking 66kg it does.... i just got one of my mate cheap as for a bit of a joke... gunna beef it up or just use the wheels for a micro buggy.... stunt quadding:p

but!!!! for a 4 yr old, hell be loving it:) though the warning label says only to be operated by persons between 14 and 16.... lol, missed us both by ten years:p

I am not looking for something he can race, it will be a tester to see how long he sticks with it before I fork out for something decent. So I have decided it doesn't really matter about the quality.

As for it being fast, come on it's only a mini bike how fast can it be? I will never ride it, if I need to go quick I'll get in my 500hp Clubsport and blast it down the 1/4 again.

well hopefully he steps up to something like the clubby and has a bike on the side. What you got done to your clubby?

Man don't get one with the pus two stroke in it ... They are the most annoying thing going ... they break pull starters and auto clutches regularly ...

and i say make sure you get the one with the front brakes mainly cause they have a better turning radius. the other ones are crapiddly crap...

um, you can get em over 50kmh with the right work....

and yeah, pull starts die quick. cant clutch start em.... watch the pants in that front sprocket...um...

hell still love ya though:)

You can buy an alloy starter housing with an aluminium pawl ... The only reason why I hate the fokkers is because kids throttle 'em on and off all the time without going very far ... so they make a ton of annoying noise while barely moving due to clutch slip ... I was glad as hell when the kid next doors' quad bike stuffed up after about 1 week from new ... and another kid who used to ride a bike around the streets got done by the cops ... LOL ...

dont get me started on kids that blip the throttle...i have to put up with the neighbours on there damn peewee 50's and qr50.....

bro o o m...brooom brom. brup. brooooom. all damn day...do some damn burnouts!!!do some jumps!!!!

get on ya dads xr600 and give it some!!!!

spose they gotta learn somehow...

Back