5 bikes to choose

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, actually i didn't rlly pay attention. i read 5 bikes and then saw someone say a car and mi ind then thought the thread said 5 vehicles.
don't bagg R1's!!!!!!!! lol, they are fully sik! lol, ruby R1's are not slow. dad says the new one is more of a race bike than any of the other ones, just like a 2 stroke. it has no real power below 5,000rpm but then it lets out a massive amount of power. so he gets to the traffic lights, revs it to about 5,000 rpm, slips the clutch and shoots. i love the new R1, althought when i ride with him he doesn't go fast off the traffic lights so when we do hit 5,000 i get big fright and struggle to hold on, lol.
still, GT500's are probably mi fav. car
stumbows, mi old man has owned 3 R1's over the last say 10 years and hasn't considered switching. personally, i wouldn't have a BMW as a dream bike tho.....lol

I never said the R1s were slow. The R1s were just too 'unstable' for ricky. His own, ridden and raced R1s and its not his liking anymore. He prefers the CBR RRs now ... better chassis and feel. He likes a bike that shoots off forward under power, not pointing to the sky like the R1 did. LOL

Pascal your obviously not old enough to own a road bike because your spelling it horrible and your logic isn't far behind.

BMW isn't really a "dream" bike because i own one you idiot.

And for some information on the BMW it has one of the most solid and stable frames of any bike out on the road. Not all twitchy like the R1 because i fully agree with Ruby on that one. There are a few stunters out there using the R1100S's for stunts because they have an insanely strong head piece and can stoppie for a long time.

The BMW also has a lot of torque being a twin so you don't have to rev the shit out of it to get power.

And my one isn't you normal BMW anyway it's quite sporty with Carbon Fiber fairing (covering more space) Staintune twin exhaust and fuel induction unit, Carbon fiber nose cover, Raised rear suspension and sculptured racing seat, Brembo 4 piston twin calipers on 320mm discs just to name a few additions not to mention the performance chip i put on too.

So don't go bagging them cause while you riding you little foxico supershit someone on a Bema might whip past you and make you wet your pants.

And i was only pointing out there people all into R1s annoy because they are like sheep everyone tells me oh man get an R1 next but i don't want one because i won't stand out.

That's why i have major respect for ricky because how many peeps have or know about and want a TLR.

Well of course a BMW would shoot past a Foxico :rolleyes:
In fact, if you took the engine out of the bmw and put pedals on it, it would shoot past. My bike doesn't even run anymore because the quality of the bike i so appauling.
I don't see how anybody on this site is telling everybody else to get an R1, there would be less than 5 people on the site with r1's, lol. I mean they are great bikes but less people have them because there are less 2nd hand ones. There are tonnes more 2nd hand Honda's and Suzuki's around.
With the BMW that's just how i feel, i hope you don't get too intimedated. I've ever liked BMW's, whether it's their motorbikes or cars. The only 2 cars of theirs i like are the z4 and x5, i also hate porsche but that is for a verrry differet expirience (guy in porsche tried to run me over) but yeah. I've just never really fancied beamers, also you noted on your list a superbike but you noted that it would be too un-comfortable. It doesn't really matter how it feels going 300k's lol. Most people only last a few hours but you need food and water every few hours anyway so it's no biggy. They're heaps of fun, no matter how they feel. do you have those 2 bikes???
hey one thing i have always wondered, how muh are bmw bikes?? cos they're beamers but all bikes are cheap..
cheers

huh?......pascal give up now

stumbows dont worrie about him his like 12 or something, i usually dont bag the younger guys on here but pascal man please think before you type your making yourself look like an idiot

anyways im a big fan of road bikes i like reading about the difference of the frames,handling and other parts of each brand bike to me its good reading hopefully soon ill be able to give my opinion of the R6 but ill have to wait n see

divy, ya have to get a 250 for ya L's. well atleast that's what i hear, that's a bag thing, no 250 yamaha's apart from their cruisers. i reckon a good 250 for the buck is the cbr250 but yeh, if ya don't need to get a 250 go the r6.

Without looking at the stickers and the exhaust tho, it's not too easy to tell the diff. between the R1 and R6, of course the R1 looks bulkier and has the twin exhaust under the fender and says "R1" on the sied but the main way i tell is the new R6 has a little cut out of the front fended which looks neat, also, one thing that i thought was funny. the gear shit comes from the other direction, normally i see the gear shift coming from just in front of the foot peg about 15cm forward, but it comes from the front of the bike and is directed the opposite direction. just something i noticed in the store while i was waiting for forms to be filled out.

the most interesting thing i found out about the R1 (not sure about R6) from my dad off an R1 forum was that people in Japan can't get R1's! they have to import R1's from countries around them that yamaha have sent them out to. i thought that was quite interesting.
cheers

EDIT: coolmodee1, i have absolutely no idea what so ever what that bike it, but they have used just a little too much chrome, lol. that is like fully customised. can't even tell that bike it was originally. lol
nope, tried comparing, they have modded too much, the rear and front feners, fuel tank, half the body etc. too hard to tell if its a ducati or a pitpro rlly, lol. where'd u fine the pic??

Last edited:
coolmodee i think its a custom 'busa' but im not 100% sure

pascal.............ur gay

bahaha all i said was i might be getting one an he starts rambling on about learners,250 and other stuff....i have no idea how his mind works but if i did id probably shit myself ;)

pascel your an idoit your allowed up to 600 now

it goes on power to weight not just a 250 limit

over here there's a limit of 250 :'(
wish i was in NSW, oh well im not old enough for mi L's, bi the time i am i hope they change it!
cheers

Well the BMW i have wasn't cheap around $17,500 but i bought the 10k sports pack to go with it. Which is a step above the boxer cup replica bike.

The cars have never really appealed to me that much either and to think of it i have always pictured a BMW motorbike and as old mans ride until i saw one that someone had tricked out and knew it was for me.

May i also mention from the maintenance side of things it is a single sided swing arm with shaft drive. This means instead of lubing my chain every 2 weeks i only change 250ml of diff oil every 40,000kms and to change the tyre it's 4 simple nuts a boom straight off.

And just so i can clarify for you i never said there were a lot of R1 owners i said wannbe owners and fans and not just here but everywhere.

I thought maybe you would like to see my bike.

BMW.jpg

This is with the race wheel off it it's actually behind the bike but all the tread is gone on it and i need to replace it.

Also the race suspension is off cause i've had a few passengers on recently and it pushes them forward to much.

Latest posts

Back