50 Build!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emilio

Reaction score
Just brought a 50! wanted to put a 125 in it because old engine was a 70! I've already swapped the engines out and got it started! bike was running real good till about halfa into ride when it started slipping into neutral, I had magneto problems with the bike but got it sorted I think! magneto will sometimes have a bit of free at back and forwards? would that have something to do with the key? suspension also snapped today! looking for a new one! it's gonna be an ongoing project so hopefully over time get it to what I want to be as don't have a big income at the moment! any help is much appreciated and love this forum! good help great people!

ciniworks 50
zhonshen 125
basically bare stock besides engine!

looking for following parts
- 300mm hard suspension
- magneto cover
- usd forks/not in a hurry as

image.jpgimage.jpg

this is what it started with I'll try keep you posted with flicks

That look's alright.
Check the outer shift drum bolt is tight for the false neutral problem, it's behind the rubber bung above the sprocket.

thanks for the info 67! I'll check it out in the morning! and get back to you :)

That look's alright.
Check the outer shift drum bolt is tight for the false neutral problem, it's behind the rubber bung above the sprocket.

just checked the bolt it seemed fairly tight moved a tiny bit but not much at all? any other options?

image.jpg

okay so that's what my woodruff key looks like... would this be the slipping into neutral problem!?

Well you're gunna need a new woodruff key, although that wouldn't cause your neutral problem. Make sure you torque up the flywheel when you put it back on or it will sheer the woodruff key. Is it just the clutch slipping when you roll the power on? Might just be a clutch adjustment if it is. If the problem is it doesn't always click into gear when you change gears i would be looking to see if you have a loose shift star bolt/screw, if its loose pop a bit of red loctite on the threads before you retighten it.
I have one of these little cini 70s(actually i have 2, second one is waiting for me to split the cases and put a new gearset in), good fun with the kids in the backyardIMG_201508098930.jpg

Last edited:
cheers for the info mate! yes I'll be looking for a new woodruff key! they sell them at any pit shop? and the neutral problem always occurs when I'm at top throttle and change gears will just go into neutral, cheers mate!

Good pitty shops should have them, if not you can get a crf50 one from honda ($4 or so last time i got one). Sounds like a loose shift star to me, if its not loose could be worn shift forks

thanks for that mate. I'll be sure to go in in next 2 days, hmm I'm quiet sure it's not loose I checked in morning! hmm shift forks sounds like a headache!

No it's under the clutch side cover, you have to take off the cover, clutch and a gear or two held on with circlips to get to it. If you lay the motor sideways with the electrics side down you can take off the clutch cover without draining the oil, if when looking at it the kickstart shaft is bottom left then the shift star is top left. There is an arm attached to the gear shift shaft that goes up to the shift star so that should make it easy to find. If the star is on tight the problem most likely is inside the cases

The 1 under that rubber grommet i mentioned before hold's the end of the shift drum into the case, the other The one motodevo mentioned hold's the shift star onto the shift drum, kick start lever and clutch cover on the right side of the engine need's to come off to access it

Sometime's you can stop it from jumping out of gear's by replacing the spring behind the detent arm, the arm with the roller on the end
The genuine Honda spring's feel a lot stronger, part number 24435-051-000

GPXside.jpg

$_35.JPG

Yeah the philp's head screw, note the position the star is in, remove the screw, degrease it and dry the screw then put some loctite on the thread's to stop it coming loose before refitting it

Latest posts

Back