50 cc Quad bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DANNYGEALE

Reaction score
hi Guys

my son was given a chinesey 50cc quad bike it needs a 2 back tyres and tubes
and the carby needs too be replaced i think it keeps flooding and pouring out the over flow tube

i will add some pictures shortly of the carby i have had it running but my son hasnt ridden it jus yet

if i was to replace the carby how should i go about replacing it can you buy gaskets and carbys too jus bolt str8 on ?

in the last picture the little needle is spring loaded if that makes sence the needle normally has little clip that hooks on too the 2 pronged thingy this on needle doesnt have a clip lolz
sorry for being Vague :p

some of the needle's don't have clips
what is the problem with the carby ?

i have one of those carby's here, a spare off my pocket bike.

it keep flooding and over flowing out the over flow tube and is very hard too start once it been turned off for a while

ok,
have you tried turning the fuel tap on, then blowing compressed air through the Seat, where the Needle sits ?
it may have something stuck in there (dirt etc), making the Needle not seal off into the Seat?

i would also take the Fuel Tap apart, and check that there isn't any dirt in behind the seal.
make sure you dry the Seal off well, as soon as you you pull it out, they can swell a little, and it'll be hard to refit it.
blow through the Fuel Hose Barb, and watch if anything comes out.

reconnect the hose, holding the carby upright and turn the fuel tap on
now lift the Float Arm and see if it stops the flow before it hits up in the underside of the carby.

if it doesn't stop the fuel from coming out,
can you post a pic of the Carby upside down, with the Fuel Bowl removed?
i need to see the angle of the Float Arm sitting against the pin of the Needle and Seat

the china gaskets are cheap and nasty, i usually make my own.

most good auto parts places sell it on a roll, i picked up a 250mm x 1000mm x 1mm thick roll for $5.
i have quite a few different sized punches, and sharp Olfa box cutters i use.
and just trace around the old gasket or the manifold etc then cut them out as i need them, even make a couple of spares to take with me when i go riding

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back