50 Track

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorman

Admin "The Cougar"
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Going to build myself a full sized 50 track. Want to make it similar to the Indoor Extreme track that was created. Does anyone have any rough plans for a track or any advice they can give me? Want to be able to use it for anything from a 50, to a 160.

I want to have at least:

2 table tops
A step up
Couple of doubles
Woops section
Rythem section

Got the dirt all sorted. It's this stuff which hard packs down. Apparently perfect for jumps. Going to hire out a dingo for a couple of days.

guess it all depends on how much land you got to use.
but from the sounds of it, sounds like you got enough for alot of fun

could try draw ya up a design for something to do. haha

Please feel free to do up a track BigM. Don't let me stop you!! hahaha.

Could use this thread to chuck up a few designs to help anyone else wanting to do the same.

I don't have a heap of land. Would like it to fit in a bit of over an acre. Should be enough room.

If Greg from Indoor Extreme reads this thread, maybe he could post up the track plans from the first round??

Might have another venue for you afterwards!! ;)

Last edited:
sounds sick dude but are you sure a dingo would be big enough? i mean its probably do-able with a dingo but it would be so much easier with a bobcat

let me know what you think of this.

hope no one's colour blind....

track.jpg

there isnt really any scale to it.. so nothing really to portion for anything else.
but you get the idea of what i thought of.

get a positrack bob cat they will double the work in half the time!!
Get ya track layout on ya land a ride it flat track and will know were you will be able to hav jumps and how big ,is not easy to get it to flow right but good luck and pics pics pics!!

BigM, dude that track is sick as!! I love it. Exactly what I had pictured. May swap a few jumps around but looks a goer.

Want to do this on the cheap side. Only a few hundred for a dingo for the weekend. Might even get 2. Your looking at over a grand for anything else plus transporting etc etc.

Will definitely get lot's of pics. Going to lay it all out next weekend.

The more ideas the better!!! May even be able to make it an official Mini Riders track for members. :cool:

haha. good to hear. first track i'v ever put together
could make it smaller if ya need'd like so
smaller.jpg

Get ya track layout on ya land a ride it flat track and will know were you will be able to hav jumps and how big ,is not easy to get it to flow right but good luck and pics pics pics!!

Spot on Bretto it's all about the flow and flattracking it will at least give you an idea of what you'll be doin with ya gears before you moove too much dirt .Keep in mind you'll be puttin in jumps and try and estimate how this is gunna affect the speed.As long as you leave enough room between landings and next hit to hold speed you should be right .

Track design looks good though so shouldn't be a problem .:cool:

Dingoes are'nt a bad thing but get a few of the boys around cause they cause serious arm pump after a while and you won't be able too go all day on your own ... at the end of the day you should be able to get a bobcat to do what you'll do on the dingoe all weekend in about 4 or 5 hours if you got a decent operator and you've got your distances staked out in readiness for him I reckon.

Good luck which ever way you go :cool:

Well you have a knack for it BigM!!

Going to lay it all out with that spray chalk and stakes. Will definitely flat track it first to make sure distances are alright and there is plenty of runup/landing.

I would love to get a bobcat but it's just not practical in this location. It's 40 mins from any kind of civilization. Would have to hire a semi to get it there. I could see that ending up costing me thousands. Got a good crew together so it should be alright.

When the time comes, may throw the call out for a few more hands. Anyone that contributes to this track will be able to ride it whenever they like. It's within 2 hours of Melb. About 2km from the beach too!! Very scenic location.

where bouts are ya located?

I live in Doncaster East mate. Yourself?

The track will be on some land I own. Don't want to give that location away yet, but it will be down Gippsland way. ;)

haha. thats fair
im down on the Mornington Peninsula, in Rosebud.

but would def be keen for a drive

Nice ....a few of the lads a few beers , a swag and a dingo sounds like a fun weekend .

I'm up in the mountains in nsw in Jindy which side of Melb are ya ? I dunno if I'll make it down in the next month or two but I get down there for the mag sometimes and got a growing list of crew to see and things to do down there so I will be down
.I got a track on the boil as well... a social club ya might say but it's the paperwork that's holding things up at this point we are still waiting to break ground ... office of fair trading :mad: and believe it or not squatters .:rolleyes:

Thing is .....as long as ya stay keen it'll happen.... and it doesn't all need to be done this weekend, you'll get enough done to get you all pumped ... after that you can hire the dingo in a few weeks if it takes another go and a couple of times a year after that for upkeep .:cool:

im looking to build a track for myself i got 3-4 acers to use but want to keep it to 1-2 acers i was wondering if BigM could draw up a track for me for thumpsters and big bikes and i'll work out how much dirt i'll need then, i would reall appreciate it.

i'll give it a shot man. let me know what you want in the track and i'll whip somethin up a little later.

preety much what motomans got just bigger and more jumps. thanks its really appreciated. (be better than my dad desinging a track lol)

try this one out. was a bit of a quick sketch up.
bit bigger cos ya said ya got ait more room to use.
let me know what ya think

newtrack.jpg

+++++++11111

Dingo is a waste of time.

You must ride the land area first as if it where grass track , get a feel for the lines. Its pointless designing something on the computer when when havent been show the land formation. Ride around it to get a feel for where the features should be.

Always build your landings first then the takeoff.

Latest posts

Back