50cc engine help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snicko54

Reaction score
I brought a 50cc atomic it has a full manual clutch it says its a 50cc on the head and has the normal 4 gears now (1) the exhaust muffler is on the pipe but is hollow and has no end on it so its fully open just the shell of the muffler (2) its hard to start the bloke had it started with couple of kicks b4 I took it I paid $70 for it and I tried starting it the next day and I haven't been able to start it since it has sounded like it wants to start but don't no smoke comes out or anything but may have like a wheezing sometime when trying to kick it over its got me stuffed why it wont start

blocked pilot jet in the carby, pull it down and give it a good clean/blow out

you could try choking it by taking the air filter off, and hold your hand over the carby inlet, kick it a couple of times, then try starting it

valves probably need adjusting too

yeah it will a bit, should be able to find a cheap muffler easy enough

so u wouldn't think it be rings or anything I don't know how to tell a\if rings are stffed ive never had a bike thathad gotten broken rings

shot rings would have smoked a lot when started/revving etc

so just start by taking carb off and drain and clean and check gaskets , it has spark I just hope its something simple

post up pics with the fuel bowl off and i'll explain it if you need

I had the bike running for few almost a minute then it died and couldn't get it startedit did smoke a lil but not a lot so im not sure whats going on with it

undo the drain bolt and check there is fuel in the bowl.

did you take the carby apart with all the jets out(Main,Pilot,Needle jet, needle and seat, and mixture screw
then blow it all out with compressed air
sounds like it could have something blocking the needle/seat, or the Pliot Jet is still blocked
with the slide out, can you see light through the pilot jet with it fitted to the carby

for the price of the carby might be worth buying a brand new one im thinking and put new head and piston and rings and new exhaust and get the valves reset and maybe new stator and cdi unit id say it be a great runner then

I checked the oil situation and it was black as and was full as but still havnt been able to get it started yet I drained the old oil and put fresh oil in it sort of small back fire but not loud or anything and sort of glump noise but wont start

yeah cleaned the carby not sure whats going on with it

I threw the other carb off my 50cc bike and because the muffler is just round shell with nothing in it I put a old shirt up it it started but soon as I put it into gear it and go to take off it stalls and the slide in the carb is fully down when closed It has no gap anyone have any thoughts to what maybe going on

yeah I screwed the idle screw in and it was better and I was able to ride it ill be getting new muffler for it soon as the muffler is just a shell on the pipe has no guts but was smokey when I got it running but that may be cos it was over full with oil as I drained the old stuff and put new oil in and the correct amount in its loud as with the muffler the way it is

I have since got the bike running but is hard to get started but ive noticed some smoke coming from under the engine im not sure where its coming from but I also noticed a chunk taken off the fly wheel cover and I can see the magneto /stator

hard starting could be mixtures, jetting, valve clearances maybe ?

with the damaged stator cover, i'm guessing they didn't keep checking and adjusting the chain, finally it came off and hit the cover

Latest posts

Back