54hp wr250x

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He probably should have just bought himself an EFI bike or maybe even a 2 stroke. I love my turbos in cars but on a bike im still not seeing it as being worth doing.
I would still like to ride one though coz it would still be a lot of fun.

Yer i guy here in Mundaring has a turbo WR250, he still hasnt got it running right..

total waste of time in my eyes like buying a R34 GT-R with a auto,

why not do it to a 450 & get a low comp piston made etc

Last edited:
man thats sweet as for super motard

54hp is more than the gas gas 450 motard

but how much is the next question and how reliable

cause it would cost a shat load more to put a 450 on the road

and ktm and gas gas are the only rtr super motards out there

maybe honda do one but only 250 me thinks

but one of those ducati hyper motard thingy's and better makes mega fast

cause it would cost a shat load more to put a 450 on the road

and ktm and gas gas are the only rtr super motards out there

maybe honda do one but only 250 me thinks

but one of those ducati hyper motard thingy's and better makes mega fast

It would probably be cheaper to buy a 450 rather than setting up a reliable and working turbo to your bike.

About 13k will get you a stock 70hp 450 Aprilia supermotard.

lol ahhah thats sik could be the new vl turbo lol dose cone. braapp Su222222 that would be a head turner

did anyone read any of the thread.......he has done the miles to prove reliability on a stock motor, the kits he will be disributing will be a smaller turbo so once bolted on straight up you get 46HP, he done that because he cant get the turbo that is pictured only a smaller one, but the upside is even more reliable with the smalleer turbo...........there is a vid on the 6th or 7th page, This has all been going on nearly a year and he has done a shit load of R & D......I dont think its 2bad for the avarge person riding motard/road.....this kit gives you a 75% power increase just by simply bolting it on, and he mentioned an upgradeable kit will be available for a 100% power increase.......i think in a few years to come this sorta thing will be big.....people will get his product and then tweak it and add ideas to it etc etc then the product will get better and better.......there is a guy that turbo'd a drz400 and made 56-60HP...thats no where near the power gain that this guy has got out of a 250 so dont be to quick to shoot down what this kit will be capable of.

The main problem I have with a turbo is that very addictive problem called the 'Boost Bug'. It tends to make you lose all common sense and you end up spending up all your money on increasing the boost. Its always more boost and more PSI and thats all you start to worry about.

Ahh the joys of turbos :D I will look for that vid coz I wanna hear how it sounds

I HAVE THAT EXACT SAME BIKE!!!!

Only its the WR250R model. So a little more dirt orientated.

Still VERY cool to see!!

He probably should have just bought himself an EFI bike or maybe even a 2 stroke. I love my turbos in cars but on a bike im still not seeing it as being worth doing.
I would still like to ride one though coz it would still be a lot of fun.

The wr250r's and wr250x's are EFI. The wr250f and w450f are Carburated. The wr250 and wr125 2 stroke ceased production in 2005.

Bullshit bike , goes soooo good. Definatley cool , would love to have a go on one!!!

The wr250r's and wr250x's are EFI. The wr250f and w450f are Carburated. The wr250 and wr125 2 stroke ceased production in 2005.

Bullshit bike , goes soooo good. Definatley cool , would love to have a go on one!!!

I wasnt referring to a WR and I was actually referring to a 450 and of no particular brand as you could just take your pick.

I wasnt referring to a WR and I was actually referring to a 450 and of no particular brand as you could just take your pick.

Yamaha dont make a WR450X......so this would be a good step towards similar power for the guys that ride the 250........and for them to go bigger psi the need to upgrade the EFI......but after that you would wanna be doing tranny aswell though.

Check out the guys site who built this thing, He obviously knows what he's doing so i bet this kit will work and work well and reliably once complete and ready for dispatch

Morgan Performance Fabrication: Company

Video: YouTube - MPFab Turbo WR250X

Last edited:
The main problem I have with a turbo is that very addictive problem called the 'Boost Bug'. It tends to make you lose all common sense and you end up spending up all your money on increasing the boost. Its always more boost and more PSI and thats all you start to worry about.

Ahh the joys of turbos :D I will look for that vid coz I wanna hear how it sounds

Ha ha ha "boost bug"

.... I can't help it officer I got the " boost bug " ..... I got it reeeeal bad :D

I've been seeing a doctor about it but can't seem to stop WOOOOOCHIIIIII WOOOOOCHIIII :D

Latest posts

Back