67mm scut pistons in a yx

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tormentandglory

Reaction score
Hey guys, does anybody know if its possible to bore a stock yx150 cylinder out to take a 67mm scut piston? And if its possible, is it a wise thing to do? I don't want to build a time bomb, nor do I want to spend a stack of cash on a project that isn't viable. I have a TB 63mm cylinder to, maybe I could bore that one out..?

:eek: id expect you to know this:p

um, im only going to repeat what cactus said about them somewhere, cause it makes perfect sense...

it will work, but with the amount of skirt thats been removed from the piston, it will have a tendency to tilt in the cylinder... wear out faster...require closer piston/cylinder tolerance...probably flog out in ten minutes flat...and do they only have one compression ring? then theres the thickness of the cylinder walls itself... i say time bomb... a viable project, but a time bomb....

cmon, cash! splurge! strengthen the economy!!!:)

Yeah, boring the iron cylinder worries me, even if it is thick enough. The takky cylinders are ceramic lined so I expect they'd last a lot better than iron. I'm sure there are people out there running them, what about daimojay? He runs a 67mm piston I beleive?

They're probably reliable in a Taky kit with ceramic bore since the alloys expand at similar rates so the clearance stays constant ...

Latest posts

Back