70 style frame.....what size front fork?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpawyant

Reaction score
Hey Everyone.

Well, I am close to finalizing the items I am going to get for phase I of my 70 Style Fame scratch build.

I am going to go with a 150cc engine...and I would like a bike that is a lil bigger than the standard 50s, thus the 70 style frame.

Regarding front fork option, what size should I be looking for to run a 14" front and 12" rear? Also, I was thinking about a 17" swingarm. Good?

Thanks!!

youll need 730mm forks for a mono swingarm crf70 style frame mate.

I was hoping to use the following fame/front setup:

50 Size, +2" extended

FASTACE AS-03

17" Swing Arm

I am not sure of the fame is the 70 type i am looking for.....but the 2" extend caught my attention. The only think is that supposedly the FASTACE forks wont work with that frame. So...I might look at the following fork setup instead:

Front Fork Option 2

But, I do not think this would be long enough....but maybe it would work with frame I have listed?

Any suggestions, thoughts would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

I was hoping to use the following fame/front setup:

50 Size, +2" extended

FASTACE AS-03

17" Swing Arm

I am not sure of the fame is the 70 type i am looking for.....but the 2" extend caught my attention. The only think is that supposedly the FASTACE forks wont work with that frame. So...I might look at the following fork setup instead:

Front Fork Option 2

But, I do not think this would be long enough....but maybe it would work with frame I have listed?

Any suggestions, thoughts would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

The frame you mentioned is your typical length with extension for a crf 50 style bike, were as you are chasing crf-70 length frame.
Dont know were you live, but this is the style frame i would recommend, its chromoly and has a cradle mount which means your 4 engine mount bolts on the bottom of your engine can be used(highly recommended), would be metric style bolt threads if from australia.
NEW DHZ CRF70 STYLE HEAVY DUTY CHROMOLLY TWIN TUBE CRADLE FRAME | eBay

The mentioned AS-03s will be fine, 720mm is good length and they are 15mm axle.. Forget the other forks mentioned there standard for crf50 style and not the best quality and have a 12mm front axle(not recommended)

The swingarm mentioned should be fine, just need to make sure that the swingarm and frame to be purchased both run with a 10mm or 12mm swingarm bolt setup. And the swingarm i noticed, runs a 12mm axle setup, i would recomend a 15mm axle setup.

Check this store,Mini Bikes | Pitbikes | Dirt Bike Parts & Accessories | DHZ Mini Moto | Buy Online Australia
Good luck hope i helped somehow.

The frame you mentioned is your typical length with extension for a crf 50 style bike, were as you are chasing crf-70 length frame.
Dont know were you live, but this is the style frame i would recommend, its chromoly and has a cradle mount which means your 4 engine mount bolts on the bottom of your engine can be used(highly recommended), would be metric style bolt threads if from australia.

The mentioned AS-03s will be fine, 720mm is good length and they are 15mm axle.. Forget the other forks mentioned there standard for crf50 style and not the best quality and have a 12mm front axle(not recommended)

The swingarm mentioned should be fine, just need to make sure that the swingarm and frame to be purchased both run with a 10mm or 12mm swingarm bolt setup. And the swingarm i noticed, runs a 12mm axle setup, i would recomend a 15mm axle setup.

Check this store,Mini Bikes | Pitbikes | Dirt Bike Parts & Accessories | DHZ Mini Moto | Buy Online Australia

I do like that frame!! I am in the US....I wonder how much shipping will be or if they even ship to US. It might make the frame too expensive. I will search around and see what I can find.

I agree with you on the 15mm axles.

More to follow....Thank you Rotn50

AS-03's are crap from what ive read.. bottom of the range for fastace...
GO with DNM Hornets or GPX Black labels... Worth the extra $$$.. forks are probably the most important part of the bike I recon... really make a difference to the overall ride feel of the bike...

GO with DNM Hornets or GPX Black labels... Worth the extra $$$.. forks are probably the most important part of the bike I recon... really make a difference to the overall ride feel of the bike...

yeah have to agree with justin go with the dnm hornets or gpx black labels well worth the dollers ive got the gpx black labels and they are great and i no justin is very happy with his dnm hornets

cheers..

True that, really the extra dollars needed to get the better forks isnt that much, just depends if your on a budget and what style riding your doing, i use AS01's and have been a really good fork, we have DNM hornets at work, how do you guys compare Fastace AS01 and DNM hornets to each other?

Thanks mate i think ill stick with them for now then, they have been very good to me.

Dhzdirect won't ship to the us. Grrrr. Now I will have to find another alternative. There is an SSR 70 style frame, but it's over 350!!

Any thoughts???

Well DHZ can not ship to the US. They could but it would be SOO expensive, it would not be worth it. So....Im back to square one. :(

Does anyone have a good source for a 70 style frame in the US? It does not have to be RACE quality...just bashing quality (with my 10 year old in fields and maybe dirt track)

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back