70cc china probs

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snicko54

Reaction score
I have a 70cc china mini its hard to get started but when I starts it has normal running sound but the last owner did paint the engine and the whole exhaust with silver paint unsure if its heat proof and there is a chunk broken off the flywheel cover and bit of the magneto/stator is exposed but when it starts ive noticed small amout of smoke from under the engine its a light with colour would anyone have any idea on what it might be or whats going on im just bit stuck on what I should do to try fix it

ive never done valve clearance b4 on a pitbike but the carby is off my other runner and I know its fine as the carb that was on the 70cc bike is now on my other bike and works fine also so it not the carby my last resort is to take it to a shop but they cost arm and leg just to look at it if I knew what was wrong I could just buy the parts for it and fix myself this is the first china mini ive had troubles with that I cant seem to fix

the smoke might just be oil leaking from the bottom of the head cover, down onto the exhaust pipe ?

here you go,
a video how to adjust valve clearances,
but when you set them, do it at .003" ( or .08mm) inlet and .004" (.1mm) exhaust

[video=youtube;QJciyJRJh8Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJciyJRJh8Q[/video]

thanx mate ive been looking on youtube I might try have a go at it tomoz

Have you checked the breather pipe?

that be the breather pipe for the oil at rear of engine yeah

yeah, if they are kinked or blocked then it can cause the engine to smoke out the exhaust due to blowby and crankcase pressure pushing the oil past the ringsetc

Latest posts

Back