70cc loncin quad motor swap to yx125cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yz426f

Reaction score
hey guys im just looking for some advice on a motor swap my loncin 70cc quad is gutless so before my young fella starts riding i want to put another motor in it i have been given a 80% complete yx125cc two wheeler and was thinking i could pull the motor out of that and put it in the quad has any 1 done this before and is it a easy swap

cheers all
mike

hey guys im just looking for some advice on a motor swap my loncin 70cc quad is gutless so before my young fella starts riding i want to put another motor in it i have been given a 80% complete yx125cc two wheeler and was thinking i could pull the motor out of that and put it in the quad has any 1 done this before and is it a easy swap

cheers all
mike
measure from tht bottom of the cylinder to the top of the head on both motors if the yx 125 is larger then go back and measure and see if you have any room for it in the other bike (why? some motors have longer cylinders and whatnot than another so sometimes they dont fit) and they will have the same mounts just pull the old motor out and chuck the new one in (if it comes with a carby if it does not then your going to have to re-jet your one to work)

is the new YX125 a semi auto too?
otherwise you will need to add a clutch, gearlevers etc etc

what state are you in ?

was a easy swap the motor is slightly bigger but lined up perfect with the mounts i have a carby with it just need to get fuel tomorrow and will be zipping through the paddock as for why i broke my leg so im at home bored looking for some thing to keep me from going crazy

the yx has clutch lever and cable so thats all good im in gidgegannup in wa i had a try at turning it over with the electric start before i charged the battery and i noticed a spark on the battery terminal and the starter motor wanted to run but just not enough power so i charged the battery and gone to install it today and with a fully charged battery nothing no spark at the terminals and nothing at the starter motor the only variable is a fully charged battery and i have checked the fuse and it still ok. pix will beup as soon at its up and running or i give up on it

have you checked the voltage at the battery with a multimeter ?
if it is 12.6 v or above then the battery is fine.
the starter solenoids are cheap and nasty, the contacts inside them arch out and you wont get power through easily.

i i also upgraded the wiring on my sons dune buggy,
i used some h/duty car stereo amplifier wiring to replace the thin original stuff.
replaced the positive from the battery to the starter solenoid, solenoid to starter, and the negative wiring, battery to earth and earth to motor.
i also wired in a Falcon starter motor solenoid to replace the cheap china one, and used some 4mm i/d wiring from the switch to the trigger on the starter solenoid.
and fitted a bigger Ah battery,
the buggy starts very easy now too.

Latest posts

Back