84 cr80r

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hussey

Reaction score
Just thought I would show everyone my latest addition to the family. Picked this up for $200 over Christmas.

uvutyqut.jpg

nudy9e2u.jpg

pany9y8e.jpg

Changed the spark plug, drained the fuel and added some fresh and she pretty much started after a good few kicks.

Great fun. I have a few plans for it but will do them slowly. Want to get the seat re done first. I would want to rebuild it back up to its former glory but the thing is in great condition for what I paid for it. No cracks in any plastics and the pipe is in very good condition. Still has a few original stickers!!

Everyone loves a bit of 2 stroke!!

Braap, There aint nothin like a 80cc 2t absolute blast to ride around on no matter what your planning to ride

very nice mate, the ol 80 2t were great :) are u restoring it to original? its good to see that there arbnt too many parts missing, it seems to be all there! good luck and i look foward to seeing more of it :)`

Check ya waterpump seal :p or gearbox oil on these things there always shagged

Nice score. They were cool bikes back in 84. Was 84 the first water cooled honda 80? $200 is an absolute bargain. Get Mario to do your seat, he should have the CR logo for that era.

Thats an awesome bit of kit mate, If it were me i'd be going for a full resto and put it in the lounge room. They are a dime a dozen these days.

Yeah thanks guys! Yeah super happy with it. I'm going to enjoy it for a while then do as timeh says. Would look mad in the lounge room all polished up. I love the old school red and black combo.

Sorry but who's Mario Phil? Would be keen for an original cover.

Exhaust gasket needs attention and so does the shock. Has no gas so will need a re gas. Anyone know where I can get this done(Eastern melbourne).

My mini Lxr is pretty good at the moment so I wouldn't mind freshening this thing up.

Also does anyone know about the vcm regulations for these old bikes? I'd race it if I can.

Mario at top line seat covers in Seaford. Team Carlton dry use his seats, as do I, Brendo and Nick

Shock can be done at BLS Suspension, also in Seaford. He just did reefys and has done Harry's in the past.

Id talk to krooztune suspension they did my rm's shock
good bunch of people really

Nice bike, been keeping my eye out for something like that for me, no such luck:(
If there is no gas in your shock it must have got out some how.....
Check the push rod shaft for any pitting, might need a seal lit and re-chrome....hopefully not though, might have leaked out over time.

Good luck and hope to see your progress on the resto

Nice man.

Will have to take her up the bush and blow the cob webs out. :)

That's the plan! Just need to regard the shock. Nitrogen seems the go as it has a normal tyre valve at the bottom. Just need to find out how much to put in and who will do it...

you will need something like an original Honda or Clymer manual for the recommened Nitrogen pressure.
even a Download pdf manual, ebay have them cheap sometimes
if it is anything like Yamaha and Kawasaki, it will be somewhere between 180 and 250 psi

^no worries thanks heaps. That's a lot of pressure!

the amount of gas will be minimal, the guy i use charges around $20 to refill the Nitrogen in a reservoir type shock.
if you can afford it, it might pay to buy the rebuild kit for the shock
then pull it down and flush it out, clean the valves replace the seals, head and oil, then have it regassed.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/All-Ball..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item2334e27550&_uhb=1
this kit suits an 86 onwards CR80R, i have read people have trouble getting the 84 rebuild kit
they end up modifying their bike to suit an XR200 rear shock

Yeah sounds good. Thanks for the info. Was thinking I might just take it off and get someone to rebuild it for me. Haven't done much work on shocks before.

Latest posts

Back