88limited wont idle

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve101

Reaction score
hey guys i just bought unit_mx's motor and i have put it in but it wont idle he had the carb all pulled apart just before i picked it up it is a 20mm kiehen i have never played with one of these carbys so not sure what to do any help would be great

turn the idle screw up if i can remember correctly its the one closer to the top and i think you tighten it to turn idle up.

yeah i gave that a go but only a little bit cause i couldnt run it any more as the neighbours dont like the sound of it what about the air fuel mixture screw

nar i wouldnt touch that yet , keep doing the idle it should do it , then start doing other stuff

yeah thanks mate i havnt ridden it yet but i dont no if im keen on it i think i already miss the power if there was only a way to make these things quiet

yeah i havnt ridden it yet so we will see but i dont no what i want one half wants to sell everything buy a stocker and start again and keep it stock and the other wants build a sweet mod bike who knows what i will do how much do you think i could get for my bike with the 88 mod motor in it

should get over 2.5k easy.... "should"

Whats the fox float like? reckon it would be good with a +4 ?

ha i will be keepin it for that i have spent $5000 on it in the last 3months i no im not goin to get my money back but i would expect more than that and yeah the fox shock is awesome

her sucks doesnt it , just saying 2.5k easy... mite get up to 3-3.5 if ya lucky but yer... sucks

how do you get fox float stiffer? just pump air in to it? would going to stiff blow the seals ya reckon?

yeah i could live with takin 3000-3300...and yeah there is a few things you can do with these shocks but eastcoast50s set it up for me and i havnt needed to touch it but mine is at 185psi at the moment and they were sayin that they no people running them at 240psi so i dont think seals are a problem but if you ever did do anything you can get parts for them with no hassle

Oi Steve I wrote down all the settings I had it tuned to.

The fuel mixture screw I believe should be at 5 turns out and the idle at six.

The idle is too far out from memory as I didnt have too much time to correct it yesterday.
Just wind it right in and then slowly wind it out till your satisfied with the revs. Then give it a rev and let it return back to idle. MAKE SURE THE ENGINE IS WARM BEFORE TUNING!!

But yes , my fault. Ill grab the settings for you. I had it preety dialed. Buy the mix screw and idle are easy as to play with.

Turn the mix screw in to richen up or turn it out to lean it off.

If all fails send the carb to me and ill sort it out!

Its a super basic carb , nothing too it so you shouldnt have too many issues

Sorry about this mate

steve just s4ell me units motor and your problem is solved and ill give you my stocker motor???

lolololololol

pm sent and na i just bought a 09 crf50 and im thinkin about puttin all my good stuff on it and puttin all the stock stuff on my 05 and sellin it as an 88 limited and still sellin my 05 motor 88 with race head but not sure yet i might just keep the 09 a stocker and sell the 05 as is

Latest posts

Back