9.8HP ELECTRIC pitbike motard madness

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pickaninny

Reaction score
WOW. 57MPH electric beast. For sale in U.S.A
IMG_9400c_b.jpg

DSC06803.jpg

I like the future:D

only $1500us but only includes motor, batteries and mounts etc...no chassis
EmoWesson.gif

Last edited:
some more piccys for ya's:D
DSC06795.jpg

IMG_9377d.jpg

Full write-up on planetminis.com

I think I'd really hate that, for alot of reasons.

Cant imagine riding without the sound of the engine and it would act differently, and no exhuast pipe haha, weird, I hate it. :)

Might be the bike of the future though!

yes right here we have the bike of the future. i know i would buy won just to have it. dont think it would be illegal to?? i dunno
but i love the idea. cant wait until the replicas are on ebay lol

155lbs compete:D 15lbs more then petrol motor setup
Only 8 miles before flat battery but:(

i reckon it would be awesome, can u imagine cruzin the streets on that thing.
its legal isnt it? coz its electric.

No it isn't legal !! 250w is the most you can ride on the street and as that thing has about 6kw or 6000w it's defiantly not legal !!

damn!
oh well, at least it would be quiet so there would be no complaints ,which means cops wouldnt come looking for you

yeah ya need the sound, no sound = no fun! lol

Just wear your ipod and play monster truck noises.

That would probably take care of the noise issue.

My sons electric dirt back is not quite at that level but it is 350 watts does about 30km/h and lasts for about 40-50 mins on a charge.

Silent. Ride it anywhere with no complaints. I have also put a big 250 watt sticker on the motor just in case there is ever an issue.

My son also has rehearsed his response if anyone should give him grief about riding it. " I would suggest you check current legislation regarding electric motor powered vehicles and let me be on my way".

Logic

Electric Bikes

Electric bikes have come a long way.

Quantya Swiss Electric Movement Home

In 2010 at the Vegas Races:

In the much anticipated first ever AMA sanctioned electric versus gas powered race, dubbed the Energy Crisiscross, Drew Gosselaar led an electric bike sweep of the podium riding a Quantya ahead of Zero mounted Chris Dvoracek and fellow Zero rider and former World Motocross Champion Sebastian Tortelli. The electric bikes took the top six spots with Jay Maloney on a Kawasaki taking seventh ahead of Jimmy Lewis on a BBR Honda 150F. The rules restrict the modifications to the gas powered bikes and require use of the stock frame, forks, cylinder, carburetor and engine cases and they proved to be outgunned by the electric bikes but it was still evidence that electric bike technology has come a long way.

Cheers

Jaimie

Aaaah, it's fun to dig through old threads... On a side note, anyone interested in keeping up with random biking developments should read the kneeslider :)

Latest posts

Back