A bike for dad

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funfisher

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have another question for you all to ponder, argue or debate, I have three boys, 2 into there bikes, one has a (current importer) revolution 140 big wheel ( 17-14) and the other boy has the same bike but in 125 standard wheels, both bikes carry the yx engine, so on the weekend the boy with the 140 says dad can you use the 125 and we go for a bush bash, ok, off we go me on the 125 him on the 140 big wheel, I love it but being used to riding the bigger jap bikes, I sold my crf 450 6 months ago, I enjoyed the smaller bike after a few hours just bush trail riding, SO my question is, I am looking for a chinese mini in the 17-14 wheel size in 140 - 160 cc range, looking to spend around $1300-$1400 and would prefer not to by from the same dealer I bought the other 2 bikes from, ( actually the 3rd bike and second motor from same place) but I am old fashioned and would like to see the bike before I buy, I am in Newcastle nsw, so what our opinions

thanks guys ( I know I ask a lot of questions and give nothing back but once I know more about these bikes I will hopefully be able to help out new comers just like the guys on here have helped me)

how tall are you mate? have you still got a engine from the previous bike(s)?

Atomik reign or a ptpro 160 are the two more tested bikes and are pretty good, the assain looks fine and probably is, just haven't heard much about them before. When your looking for the bigger wheels your options become smaller unfortunately.

Thanks heaps guys for the info, I am liking the look of the atomic reign, any feed back on these would be great but they seem to be exactly what I am lookin for

again many thanks
cheers

Thanks heaps guys for the info, I am liking the look of the atomic reign, any feed back on these would be great but they seem to be exactly what I am lookin for

again many thanks
cheers
my 1st bike was the rein bigfoot with a lifan 150cc in it... it did well over 150 hours of riding without any issue and some oil changes.. the only thing that went wrong is the rear shocker blew and the rear shockers bushings wore pretty quick

Yeah, suspension on the atomiks is the biggest let down IMO... they are really just throw away items...
Chuck some GPX black labels and a new Shock on and it is sweet though... Could get one on ebay and fit some new parts for that price range...

Agreed^, but this is also the same for the pitpro, you get what you pay for really. But I got a good year and a half or two out of my suspension on my atomik. Upgrades can be done to make it a little more comfortable but the inevitable will happen eventually.
Put it this way, after two -three years you'd be looking at spending another $500 and then it would be a pretty dam decent bike.

As for the rest of the bike...
The frame is quite strong, engine will go for as long as you maintain it properly and the tyres will not last long at all. Mine lasted two weeks:)

cheers heaps guys, the reign sounds like the bike for me, now just gotta wait for the tax man to give me back my hard earned tax cheque and off we go

be away the reign atomic wont have the same suspension as a senior big wheel revolution mx bike.

That's if you have the SENIOR model of the rev mx big wheel bikes. Tubular wrap around cradle design frame. If you just have the BIG WHEEL rev mx then suspension will be similar

Last edited:
ok bud i have a regin 160 bloody good bike $900 and i picked it up, havent done anything with much oil and bolts just the usual stuff later down the track i might put some levers and a bar some shokers all the good suff
but overall good bike :)
btw check it out : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heo-mtzbcp4&feature=c4-overview&list=UUaYkl9fUIL1SNWjuZleJBww

and check out some handsome guy riding a rein bigfoot but the 150 lifan version
[video=youtube;Inx3J8j4GE4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inx3J8j4GE4[/video]
horrible onboard
[video=youtube;07XAy_Rk7Ac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07XAy_Rk7Ac[/video]

and check out some handsome guy riding a rein bigfoot but the 150 lifan version
[video=youtube;Inx3J8j4GE4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inx3J8j4GE4[/video]
horrible onboard
[video=youtube;07XAy_Rk7Ac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07XAy_Rk7Ac[/video]

I like that first vid. Idk why so many people disliked it

I like that first vid. Idk why so many people disliked it
me neither, youtube does not make any sense in its ratings, i will put a bit of time into a video and have a mate record me in decent quality and get no views and dislikes...

then i go and make a video thats tiny im not even happy with and bam i get 100 hits the 1st day and thumbs up

me neither, youtube does not make any sense in its ratings, i will put a bit of time into a video and have a mate record me in decent quality and get no views and dislikes...

then i go and make a video thats tiny im not even happy with and bam i get 100 hits the 1st day and thumbs up

I know right!! Some people r so inappreciative of other people's work. I gave that vid a thumbs up for ya too by the way

Latest posts

Back