a few Atomik fury questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blender

Reaction score
Hey guys, im looking at the atomik fury. the idea i have is that when i finish my bike, i can have it for mates (and me!) and have a big bike for me and my old man.

Now i have done alot of searching and alot of people have asked questions about this bike, and i have read through all the threads , but theres still a few questions i gotta ask.
Im wondering if this bike runs a linkage rear?
im also wondering if the front forks are of reasonable quality.
i have read through the atomik blitz review, and they are quite different bikes, so it wasnt much help. i read the hummer G4 and a few others, with these questions still remaining.
bike in question: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-ATOM...?pt=AU_Motorcycles&hash=item2ecbf94837&_uhb=1

Please note that thats the "xr" version, simply just a rec reg version.

cheers.

cheers mate, im kinda releived its not linkage, whenever china has tried to make a linkage system of a sull size bike, its never ended well!
and yeah, unfortunately the forks are not adjustable, maybe find some jap front end? haha, i'll have to see what the forks on it are like first though!

ive had no problems with the stock forks so far just took out the fury's 125 for brendo's 160 and still no probs so far a bit soft is all

It's probably the rear shocks that will give you problems before the forks do

It's probably the rear shocks that will give you problems before the forks do

yeah, thats what i thought, but luckilt its PDS (non-linkage) so a new shock (elka) shouldnt be too expensive.

Also im wondering what size discs these run?

cheers

thats not bad, its a twin piston caliper on the front and a single on the back, i imagine that's give pretty strong braking performance?

looks like a kwaulitee (sic) china steel swingarm to me !!
but yeah it should ??? be ok for a while

double check all the measurements before buying it.
next you will need to find the linkage, with bearings, spacers, washers, bolts and nuts.
then you need to find a shop that can fabricate a cross bar to mount across the frame, and a mount off of that for the other end of the linkage to join it to your frame

wouldn't it be easier to find a complete frame/swingarm that already runs a linkage set up ?
then just swap frames ?
and get it all working as it should.

or save up a bit more and buy a complete linkage bike ?

im pretty sure that ebay store parts new bikes, so thats a swingarm is for an atomik fury. so if i were to buy an atomik fury, it would have a swingarm exactly the same as that. so i was thinking the bike must run a linkage setup?
sorry if i didnt quite explain it well enough, but im pretty sure thats the swingarm that the fury's come with, and i was wondering onm the quality of the linkages. e.g. the atmik blitz's were very shaky and rattly.
i was wondering if these ones were any better :)

Latest posts

Back